• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cdm750 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper451

I'm wondering if someone could explain to me how to reset all settings on a vhf cdm750 back to factory settings. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piper451

I'm having issues with. It's half of a repeater that I'm putting together. It was working fine with the exception of an mdc issue. I was switching some settings in the software in an attempt to fix the signaling problem and now I'm not getting any audio through the repeater. It's transmitting, just no audio. I figured if I start from square one with factory settings, I might be able to figure this whole thing out.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I'm having issues with. It's half of a repeater that I'm putting together. It was working fine with the exception of an mdc issue. I was switching some settings in the software in an attempt to fix the signaling problem and now I'm not getting any audio through the repeater. It's transmitting, just no audio. I figured if I start from square one with factory settings, I might be able to figure this whole thing out.

If you will look in Program Files where your CPS resides, you will find a sub-folder entitled Samples. In there you will find sample codeplugs for every possible model number of Pro Series radios. Locate your EXACT MODEL NUMBER and TANAPA. Load that codeplug into the CPS and blow it into the radio.

As I have told a number of people already about this issue, "The answer you seek is in your own computer, Grasshopper."

cmdrwill

The reason you saved the original 'codeplug' from your radio before ANY changes.......

piper451

The radio was used when I acquired it and the settings had already been messed with. But thank you for your comment commander obvious.

piper451

Steve - thank you for your useful input, I found the file and everything is working great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.