CDOT.... has anyone figured them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

So... what's the latest on CDOT?

Has anyone figured out the new districts and the talkgroups associated with them?

I'd like to listen in to the road closures and things like avalanche controls.

Just not sure how their system works and where the boundaries are now.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So... what's the latest on CDOT?

Has anyone figured out the new districts and the talkgroups associated with them?

I'd like to listen in to the road closures and things like avalanche controls.

Just not sure how their system works and where the boundaries are now.

Well, I would start by reading this thread. Basically, you should be able to hear all CDOT activity with the existing CDOT TG's in listed in RR, in addition to TGID 2310. (2310 is a new CDOT TG which has not yet been added to RR because the associated maintenance section hasn't been confirmed). Identifying proper descriptions for CDOT TG's is very time consuming, but it is quite doable. On each unknown TG, you have to listen for mile markers, cities, landmarks, and/or other geographic clues to determine the general areas of activity on that TG.

Also you will sometimes hear CSP dispatchers asking for seemingly basic information about areas within maintenance sections, which you would think they would be able to determine themselves from maps or GIS-based software. Moreover sometimes you will hear CSP dispatch announce themselves on numerous TG's and get no response, so they randomly scroll through a bunch of CDOT channels until they reach someone.

In fact, I've started to suspect that the "areas" within maintenance section boundaries themselves might "change" somewhat based on staff resources or whatever. I have no proof of this, but it would explain why they don't want to provide maps of the area assignments for each maintenance section...

-Nate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.