CDOT Larimer County

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

As you can probably see, I am new here. I am mostly interested in hearing the operations of CDOT, Larimer County Public Works, Larimer County Sheriff - Wildland Fire, Roosevelt Forest, and Ft. Collins Interagency Dispatch.

However, even after searching the forums here, I am having trouble coming up with the freqs for the seven CDOT maintenance patrols in Larimer County. From what I can tell, Larimer County falls in Region 4, and the majority of the patrols are listed as 1-K-1 and a couple listed as 1-L-1. Does anyone have an idea of what these freqs would be and would they be available on an analog scanner. Sorry for the newb questions!

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

As you can probably see, I am new here. I am mostly interested in hearing the operations of CDOT, Larimer County Public Works, Larimer County Sheriff - Wildland Fire, Roosevelt Forest, and Ft. Collins Interagency Dispatch.

However, even after searching the forums here, I am having trouble coming up with the freqs for the seven CDOT maintenance patrols in Larimer County. From what I can tell, Larimer County falls in Region 4, and the majority of the patrols are listed as 1-K-1 and a couple listed as 1-L-1. Does anyone have an idea of what these freqs would be and would they be available on an analog scanner. Sorry for the newb questions!

Sorry to disappoint you, but with an analog scanner you will be SEVERELY limited. CDOT and Larimer County Law/Fire/EMS/Public Works operate almost exclusively on the Digital Trunked Radio System. State Patrol and CDOT sometimes use conventional freqs in certain areas for certain operations, but it is highly sporadic.

The Forest Service does operate conventional frequencies, you can find a listing for that under the Colorado Federal section. Some agencies have conventional repeaters simulcasting DTRS talkgroups, I'm not sure if Larimer County uses any however.

Mick

Check out the Larimer County page:
Larimer County, Colorado (CO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

"Larimer County Sheriff has transitioned to DTRS for primary dispatch operations. VHF channel 2 is used as the primary frequency in DTRS dead spots. Firenet, EMS north and detentions center VHF frequencies are still being used for primary operations.

No Larimer County public works divisions have transitioned to DTRS. Some parks operations are on DTRS but most operations take place on VHF."

Here are all the 150-160 MHz licensed frqs in Larimer County you could try monitoring for activity:
http://goo.gl/3Kbgq1

Here is a page with Roosevelt Forest & and Ft. Collins Interagency Dispatch freqs:
http://forums.radioreference.com/colorado-radio-discussion-forum/293240-cdot-larimer-county.html

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected about Public Works, I thought I heard some public works-type TG's on DTRS but it looks like they still have a bunch of conventional repeaters.

Can someone confirm whether any Larimer County Law/Fire/EMS agencies have active repeaters/base stations simulcasting DTRS talkgroups, and if so, which ones?

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
thanks for all the replies!

Thats too bad about CDOT and Larimer Sheriff being DTRS. I really don't feel like dealing with the complexity of programming trunked systems and don't feel like shelling out $500 for a homepatrol. Listening to USFS, NPS, and Larimer County Public Works will have to do.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber

Thats too bad about CDOT and Larimer Sheriff being DTRS. I really don't feel like dealing with the complexity of programming trunked systems and don't feel like shelling out $500 for a homepatrol. Listening to USFS, NPS, and Larimer County Public Works will have to do.

Or consider listening on-line

Jim<

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned

Go on eBay and look for a BC296D. They are about $200. You don't need the latest scanner. I have one and it works for me. If you buy one I could get a cable and create a file that you could transfer to the scanner which means there would be no programming. You just plug the scanner into the computer, run the software and upload the files. That's it. Although you may have to flash the firmware to the latest. LCSO use a 5 digit talk group and you need the latest firmware to support that fir this scanner. I bet a lot of the BC296D's are flashed with the latest firmware anyway. At least mine was when I bought it on eBay.

Edit- I just looked on eBay and there are no listings. but they do show up so check back at least every three days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.