Cedar Hill State Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

lake

Need assistance in receiving Cedar Hill State Park radios.

My Uniden 536HP was setup earlier this year and have been trying to receive the radios at Cedar Hill State Park along with my other local interests. All the Cedar Hill SP frequencies are classified as Public Works and Public Works is selected in the scanner profile plus I do get an ID from one of the frequencies so it would suggest that the Public Works class is working on the scanner. The scanner setup is working great otherwise and picking up all area city and state agencies with great results.

All the frequencies that are licensed to Cedar Hill SP have been programmed into the Uniden 536HP including the mobile radios. The scanner is set up to receive either NFM or P25 on those frequencies. Also, monitoring the statewide TPW frequencies where I've heard a CW ID from a station that is a bit fuzzy so not close.

The outdoor reception antenna is an Antennacraft ST-2 at 25 feet AGL, The house is located 600 feet above sea level in (south) Dallas, TX.

Cedar Hill State Park is around 800' ASL and the antenna is located around 200' AGL on a tower according to the licensing. The base and mobile units are licensed for 110 watts according to the FCC database.

Cedar Hill State Park is 9.5 miles line of sight from my home. There are no obstructions between here and there and all the ham repeaters in Cedar Hill come in full scale even on walkie talkies which confirms there are no obstructions between here and there.

I've been listening for several days and haven't heard anything but a CW ID on one of their repeater frequencies that I believe is coming from Cedar Hill SP because it is full quieting as well as full scale.

Certainly, they may not be using their radios. It is a large park though, and whenever I'm there I see more than one truck patrolling and often stopping vehicles.

I've read that some of the Game Wardens are using TX DPS frequencies in some TX regions. Could be true here as I'm not receiving any TX DPW game wardens traffic either. I have not attempted to monitor all the TX DPS frequencies recently but I have before and did not receive anything but DPS at that time.

As a note, the Duncanville, Desoto, and Cedar Hill are all on a NEXEDGE system. There is no reason the state park is working on that system but it is minor consideration as right now I don't know where they are. I don't have anything that picks up the Cedar Hill NEXEDGE system.

Has anyone attempted to receive Cedar Hill State Park or another SP and had similar results?

Sorry for the long post but wanted to be clear about the situation and the effort put into reception.

Suggestions are appreciated.

George N3GLD
Dallas

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I can't say that I've tried to monitor them lately. In the past they were reportedly on
Cedar Hill State Park 151.34000
Cedar Hill State Park 151.35500
Cedar Hill State Park 159.34500
I think I use to hear them mentioning campsites and park related stuff on at least one of those, but it's been so long things could have easily changed. Good luck.

lake

Thanks

Yep, been listening to all 3. So far nothing on them. The frequency that is IDing is 159.27.

nd5y

They used to use 159.345.
The two licenses for the park are
WPNY331 (TEXAS, STATE OF (TPWD)) FCC Callsign Details and
WNVS334 (TEXAS, STATE OF (TPWD)) FCC Callsign Details

There is another a short distance to the southeast
KJK657 (TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE DEPT) FCC Callsign Details
Maybe they are using one of those now.

If you don't hear anything on any of those in digital or analog then I don't know what they are doing.

159.27 is the common repeater statewide with multiple PL tones. There are two of them near my location that ID every 30 minutes but I haven't heard anybody use them in years. The game wardens use DPS or local sheriff dispatch to run registration/wanted checks and 151.355 NAC 111 simplex (channel 5D) to talk to eachother.

lake

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the excellent response. I've been listening to all the frequencies on those 3 links for several days.

I agree, I don't know what they are doing either.

George

nd5y

Now that I think about it I haven't heard any game wardens on DPS or SO for a long time. I haven't seen one of their trucks up close recently so I don't know if they have any new antennas. They might have gotten computers recently. I don't know. The only state park near me is Lake Arrowhead and they use 151.34 DCS 074.

Status
Not open for further replies.