Cedar Knolls/Whippany Fire on Morris Co TRS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just caught Cedar Knolls FD 302 (RID 12743) calling County on talk group 1542 (which would be FIRE RESP 6 following the TG order); requested a page test for Cedar Knolls and Whippany Fire which came over the County paging frequency of 476.2875 PL 71.9. Also heard 302 calling county on EMS RESP 3 (ambulance is out of Fire). Looks like a switch from Hanover Twp PD may be coming.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I got that updated as well on the TRS page as to who is now on what... ;)

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes, this is going to be permanent. The fire district did not want to pay to upgrade the VHF system as it stood. PD wants noting to do with migrating, but that will have to change by the end of this decade.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They are also using County UHF Fireground 1 on scene (481.1000 PL 71.9 analog simplex).

Is there a list of what departments use what fireground (1 through 4) or is it whatever way the wind blows that day?

I was also told 911 is still answered by Hanover PD...if its Fire/EMS related they transfer to County for dispatch.

SCPD

QRT
Rockaway Borough and Wharton Borough FD's are using the County FG's. I don't know which ones. So far these are the only FD's I know of. Maybe we should start a list ?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I don't think any of them wanted it to be permanent, but, as we know, if they went through all this trbl, my bet is they will stay.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The FD & EMS had it planned to be permanent from the start. The cost to upgrade the VHF channels was more than to migrate to county.

As I stated before, the PD has some choices to make by the of the decade when everyone has to vacate the UHF-T band.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'll take care of that now - this was confirmed to be a permanent change.

Status
Not open for further replies.