Cedar Point to move to DMR?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Cedar Point now has a DMR Trunked license. Any clue if they are going to a trunked system for the 2021 season?

WRFU706

Who knows. Take your DMR scanner with you and you should be okay. Probably separate Cap+ sites. Or perhaps a single Con+ and some Cap+.

Mike

gtaman

Probably is going to be CAP+ Kings Island had multiple analog repeaters when I went back in 2016. They were still using HT1000s….

Last edited by a moderator:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Probably is going to be CAP+ Kings Island had multiple analog repeaters when I went back in 2016. They were still using HT1000s….
Apart from being owned by the same holding company, what does Kings Island have to do with Cedar Point?

gtaman

Apart from being owned by the same holding company, what does Kings Island have to do with Cedar Point?
The fact that they are both similar and would most likely both switch at the same time. Or would follow each other’s systems designs.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
The fact that they are both similar and would most likely both switch at the same time. Or would follow each other’s systems designs.
You're giving Cedar Fair way too much credit. Each park actually uses different radio providers, there's very little corporate push for vendor synergy.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've seen some people with brand new Motorola digital radios, and Hotel Breakers has DMR operations now.
Doesn't surprise me. They probably have all of their non-law stuff on DMR. Maint, Housekeeping, Electricians, whatever. I don't know that to be fact, but it's a good bet . That's why they'd have a trunked system in the first place (although we don't know for a fact that they have a trunked system either).

But it certainly would be nice for somebody to sleuth it all out.

Mike

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
I'm just across the water from CP I can hear the screams from the riders on the coasters. I programmed in the new DMR's into my 996P2 with DMR upgrade and have not heard a peep from CP. I also programmed the old analog in and those are still active.

wd8chl

Bearcom did the licensing, if you look at the actual FCC site. But I would say if they haven't moved by now, they won't this season. Also I'd be surprised if it's true trunking, probably more like a bunch of conventionals, and with DMR they have 2 talk paths per channel. That leaves them with 18 talk paths in the park, and 2 out in that "sports center" on US 6.
Educated guess...