Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Online Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

compwhiz808

Anyone interested in these? Before I go and spend the money on a dedicated digital scanner for CR, I thought I'd check here. I all ready have the Dubuque and area feeds.

If there is enough interest, I can provide feeds from:

Cedar Rapids
Clinton
Davenport
Iowa City
North Liberty

Anyone that has a scanner they could dedicate, a broadband internet connection and would like to provide a feed for their area, let me know, and I'll provide the server and the computer to get it online.

-Adam

hydrolocked

Iowa city is TRUNKED, but analog, isn't it?

Marion is Analog Conventional at the moment, but may be changing

I have some interest, as i can't receive much here at my desk at work.... though i don't have any scanners to donate at the moment.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I could do a feed from Fort Dodge, IA covering FDPD, webster county SO, FDFD, and Webster county fire dispatch.

I cant reliably get the blairsburg repeater for IHP

Ebenge

Premium Subscriber
Online feed

I would be greatly interested in a online feed of CR and Iowa city. I would be interested in helping in any way just to be able to listen.
Thanks

compwhiz808

splash1 said:
Any thoughts on a Waterloo feed?

Waterloo could be done, just don't know of anyone that could host it. I just know people that can host the feed in those towns I listed.

hydrolocked said:
Iowa city is TRUNKED, but analog, isn't it?
Marion is Analog Conventional at the moment, but may be changing

Iowa City is trunked analog. I have trunking and vhf/uhf scanners I can use for some of the feeds, but I'm hoping to get a digital so that I can get the CR feed and pick up Marion digital when it goes too. The original idea was to host both feeds from North Liberty, but I may be able to get them both downtown. The point I'm at now is finding a cheap Digital scanner if possible. I don't really have a use for a digital here in the Dubuque area so the scanner would be dedicated to the feed. If anyone wants to donate to the fund to get one, I'll make sure they get priority access to the feed.

-Adam

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
bluelightspecial2800 said:
That sounds kinda neat.

What's up homo? It's ben from ELB.

Anyway, if someone were to get a dedicated server for Iowa channels only, I could stream Marshall County, Marshalltown PD. Or all of Tama County.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Interested

I am definitely interested.

Depending on your location, you noted Davenport AND Iowa City both, I wondered about Muscatine, we have quite a bit of Radio Activity here.

Muscatine's Fire and Police Departments are on a Motorola Astro Trunked Radio System however. The Muscatine County Sheriff's Office and the Countywide Fire Channels are Analog Conventional.

cyberorchid

Fort Dodge

I could do a feed from Fort Dodge, IA covering FDPD, webster county SO, FDFD, and Webster county fire dispatch.

I cant reliably get the blairsburg repeater for IHP

I know this is an old post but I know a lot of people that would tune into a FD feed - been searching everywhere for something and coming up empty handed for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.