Cedar Rapids, Iowa, FD and Ambulance feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

susantr

I just want to thank the person who took over the CRFD feed. I worked at CRFD for 8 years before moving out of state, and I really enjoy listening to "my guys" on the radio feed! I know others had been listening and wondering what happened to the feed, so it's good to know it will be up and running again soon!

K0JWW

No problem. I am actually working to get it back up at this point. I am waiting on extra components to permit me to run it on the same computer as my PD feed at this point. I had to use an extra component to get my PD feed up. The technical aspect is something I enjoy doing (namely troubleshooting it when something goes wrong), which is why I provide the feeds.

Jason W. Watts
WB0CID

susantr

Jason, have you given up on the CRFD feed? I see it's status is Deleted... I hope not, because I really enjoy listening to "my guys" on the radio, but understand if it just isn't working for you. Thanks for working so hard to get it up and running again!!

K0JWW

I tried making it work. I tried putting it on a different computer. I tried doing two feeds from one computer. I did get a complaint when I did that about the police feed. I also have been busy going back and forth to and from Columbia, MO. I now split my time between the two places, spending more time in Missouri during the summer. If no one else adds it, I can possibly modify the Police Feed into a public safety feed and put Fire Dispatch and maybe a few talkgroups in addition to Area Ambulance Dispatch. The police feed is currently experiencing problems, so I have to work that out first before considering things. I do apologize because I worked hard to make it work. I even used the audio forums to search how to do 2 feeds at once. I wanted nothing more than to have it working. When I spend time away from Cedar Rapids, I enjoy listening to things back at home from a distance.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I tried making it work. I tried putting it on a different computer. I tried doing two feeds from one computer. I did get a complaint when I did that about the police feed. I also have been busy going back and forth to and from Columbia, MO. I now split my time between the two places, spending more time in Missouri during the summer. If no one else adds it, I can possibly modify the Police Feed into a public safety feed and put Fire Dispatch and maybe a few talkgroups in addition to Area Ambulance Dispatch. The police feed is currently experiencing problems, so I have to work that out first before considering things. I do apologize because I worked hard to make it work. I even used the audio forums to search how to do 2 feeds at once. I wanted nothing more than to have it working. When I spend time away from Cedar Rapids, I enjoy listening to things back at home from a distance.

Two feeds off one sound card? Or two feeds and two sound cards? I'm running 6 feeds with 6 sound cars and 1 TwoToneDetect decoder(for fire pages) on 2 computers.

If you do combine the feeds, leave AREA Dispach out. Its already sent out on PD and FD, no sense in hearing it a third time wasting air time that could be used to listen to other things, just my personal option too.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.