Cedar Rapids TRS-problems with digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm using a 996t to monitor the Cedar Rapids digitial TRS. I can't get my decode rate error below 40%. I have been messing around for two days now trying to get lower error percentage. If anyone can help, what is your AGC RES TIME, AGC REF GAIN, P25 Threshold Mode, and P25 Threshold Level set at?

TIA,

Tim K.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Most of the problems I have encountered has been with the threshold and after I set it to default I have had no problems. But that is with Starcom21 in Illinois. I have heard CR at times when conditions are good and had no problems with decoding the digital.

I suppose re-setting everything to factory default. I don't know anyone with a BCD996. My plans to get one won't happen till next year at the earliest.

mikeydcg2003

You might make sure you have the latest firmware for your 996t. i know when they released the firmware for the 996 and the 396, it did do a decent job of improving the digital decoding.

wimmy22

Premium Subscriber
Tim K
If you live in CR I could sure use your help. I would like someone to show me some shortscuts. Also I would just dont understand it all.
Gary T.

wimmy22

Premium Subscriber
I would like to sit down with someone and go through the process of loading the scanner. I have done it but I don’t know if I’m doing it right. I have tried to separate the police and fire on different banks but it never works out right. Plus I have a ton of other questions.

Gary T

Status
Not open for further replies.