Celebrity Cross Country Race: New York, Toronto to California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I understand that there is a Celebrity Cross Country race in progress, going from New York to California, via Toronto, Canada. Currently, several of the vehicles are westbound on I-94 west of Detroit, near Chelsea. Several Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsches have been seen, along with other high-end cars. Apparently, several of the vehicles have the ability to scramble or change their license plates.

Many of the cars are traveling in a pack on I-94 through Michigan to Chicago, then westbound to California at speeds of well-over 100 MPH.

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt

Several of the vehicles that were stopped indicated that they are going to Los Angeles. The money raised from this event will be going to help research with testicular cancer. However, the $120,000 vehicles apparently can't outrun our latest and greatest Chargers, loaded with Hemi power. :D

73's

Ron

diskmonger

I passed a few what looked like Camaro's on US-12 in Saline today going West Bound, they had all kinds fo decals on them and what not. I wonder if they were part of this.

Thunderbolt

diskmonger said:
I passed a few what looked like Camaro's on US-12 in Saline today going West Bound, they had all kinds fo decals on them and what not. I wonder if they were part of this.

Yes, many of the vehicles had all kinds of markings on them like that. More than likely, a group of racers decided to cut across Michigan on US-12, since MSP Station 20 notified all of the patrol posts along I-94 to BOL for the race cars. Nonetheless, I would never want to race down US-12 through the Irish Hills at speeds over 100 MPH, that would be sheer suicide. However, they probably cut-over to I-69 in Coldwater and took the Indiana Toll Road to Chicago.

It would be interesting to see the documentary they are filming about this race when it's released at some point in the future. Each year, the course of the race is changed, and this year they went through Toronto, Canada heading west to Chicago. From there, they went onto LA.

73's

Ron

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
Thunderbolt said:
Yes, many of the vehicles had all kinds of markings on them like that. More than likely, a group of racers decided to cut across Michigan on US-12, since MSP Station 20 notified all of the patrol posts along I-94 to BOL for the race cars. Nonetheless, I would never want to race down US-12 through the Irish Hills at speeds over 100 MPH, that would be sheer suicide. However, they probably cut-over to I-69 in Coldwater and took the Indiana Toll Road to Chicago.

It would be interesting to see the documentary they are filming about this race when it's released at some point in the future. Each year, the course of the race is changed, and this year they went through Toronto, Canada heading west to Chicago. From there, they went onto LA.

73's

Ron

There are quite a few extra Indiana State Police patroling the Indiana Toll Road this week because of the "Freeway Sniper" in Indiana. Toll Road might not be a good choice to use for a alternate Route.

fleurycove

I took my son out and went east bound from Battle Creek and we saw alot of sweet cars heading west. By the time the cars reached Kalamazoo the MSP reported the cars`were only going 65 mph. My son thought it was neat seeing a Lotus Racing a Viper, He also liked the Ford GT we saw.
We witnessed county police tearing apart a lamborgini on the side of the road. We heard it come accross the scanner that all the cars were using radar jamming equipment.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
We saw some of the cars as well on 94 west by jackson ave, we had the slow lane closed down to fix a major pothole and was checking out some sweet rides, also saw 5 MSP cars going thought our construction zone not long after that..

Status
Not open for further replies.