Cell Phone Conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbond21

It sure is possible...if you have a cellphone. Or a landline.

If you're hearing it any other way you're breaking federal law. Also your screen name gives away your true intent.

chesterwarez

Thanks David for you response! I was just reading some of the posts on this site and information from differents scanners and I notice where its says signals other than cellular. Was just looking for clarity on technology.

chesterwarez

I would like to know where it is heading....because I have no clue...Just wanted a conversation on scanner technology...but if the subject has to start this way...I hope and admin will close the thread altogether and seek information elsewhere.

ch40n1k

The bottom line is that there is a reason why cellular signals are blocked on anything other than a cellphone ... to monitor it is to break the law. End of story.

chesterwarez

Thanks for your input. I didnt mean to ruffle any feathers with anyone. I thought this was a place to ask questions you dont understand. No ill intent on my part. I am completely new at this, but not new as for as the law is concerned. Just a question. I don't know how to present future questions anymore without being misconscued!

WOW!

SCANdal

Silent Key
Me too.

I would like to know where it is heading....because I have no clue...Just wanted a conversation on scanner technology...but if the subject has to start this way...I hope and admin will close the thread altogether and seek information elsewhere.
z,

I'll give you a clue...most all cellular telephone conversations held today use a digital mode of transmission that consumer grade scanners / recievers can not process - therefore, assuming you have a scanner that can tune intocellular telephone frequencies, all you'll hear is noise. The transmissions of whatever analog telephones that remain in use are not allowed to be monitored since the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) of 1986 was passed.

There; now that should sufficiently answer your original question. Should you have any further questions - do not bother asking them here. Most all board participants are not interested in furthering the violation of a pretty straight-forward (albeit useless) federal law.

SCANdal

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Don't let our tone and choice of words scare you off but realize there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum that many people in today's society could misuse- no one on these boards feels the need to invade the personal privacy a citizen "expects" in their cell phone conversation. Having said that we are very wary of newer users (having joined this month), asking such questions outright having just arrived. A little research of your own could have revealed this fact.

brandon

Database Admin
In the 1990s it was. Today with most of it digital, not as easy.

chesterwarez

I apologize for asking about something that I read....I admit that I am new to this forum and this site...I also understand that none of you know me. I was reading the manual for my scanner and reading information from elsewhere and thought i would pose the question based on the legality that most of you are talking about....but never did I expect to get my ass handed to me in such a negative manner.

Again....sorry for asking!

Close the thread and let it ride!

trace1

Do you guys think it is possible to pick up cell phone conversations?

Not to sound rude or condescending but a quick "search" for the topic would have, or should have, produced several hits and you would have had your answer(s) immediately and without the browbeating.

Can cell phone converstaions be piked up?

Certainly they can. However you have to have the proper equipment (can be highly expensive and there are restrictions on who may own/operate said equipment), the need for being able to intercept such "private" conversations and a host of other reasons for taking on such a task.

Can a "regular scanner" pick up cell phone conversations?

No...

Can a "regular digital scanner" pick up cell phone conversations?

No...

Should you be listening to cell phone conversations?

No...

Is it legal to listen to, or intercept, cell phone conversations?

No...

Once again, even though you're new here, a simple little search would have avoided all of the above.

I'm sure this thread will be closed soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.