Cell Phone Hacking Washington DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
As I said "unless the system is encrypted..." I believe my reply was the first occurrence of the "e" word in this thread.

However, having a rogue radio on the network is an entirely different issue from having unknown (and undetectable) equipment eavesdropping on the conversation.

Depends what the 'unknown' equipment is...

Not sure what the "e" word is, but using encryption, strapped, along with P25 authentication, will make rogue radios stand out like a politician telling the truth.

Having a well planned subscriber ID and talkgroup structure will also make rogue radios stand out. Periodically sending inhibit commands to unused RID's will also go a long ways to keeping hacked subscriber radios off the system as well.

SCPD

QRT
I am not a lawyer, but I don't agree with this logic.

Between a cellular phone handset and a cellular phone tower, a cell phone is a radio. But, there are wires (or fiber) connecting the towers. If someone, or some national intelligence agency, is intercepting cellular phone calls between the towers, that sure sounds to me like wiretapping.

This is for tapping a single line, if there isn't any copper, which there isn't, it won't happen as everything is multiplexed

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.