Cellular Evesdropping Google Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8000

Very Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,040
Reaction score
734
I'm not trying to be a jerk to the OP, but did you try contacting the admins via private message first for a reply ? If not, i would have tried a private route first vs venting in public. Again, I am not trying to sound rude..just a suggestion.
 

BamaScan

Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
743
Reaction score
6
Location
15 miles from Florida Line in Alabama
It is a googleads.g.doubleclick.net add that he was looking at. You see the advertisement if you are not a registered user. It is on the front page. If you hit refresh from the front page you will see a different advertisement. I think google picks the ads not RR.
 

wbswetnam

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
295
Location
DMR-istan
I rather enjoyed listening in on 46 Mhz cordless phone calls when I was a grad school student 20 years ago. Many students in the dorms had their own telephones and many of them were cordless. It was always fun listening in on boyfriends / girlfriends talking with each other. Well those days are long gone now, probably a good thing.
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
20
Location
So Far Away....
You're correct! I don't see any ads either, and I believe it's because a Premium Membership eliminates them.

Membership Has its Privileges!
 

radiomankc

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
112
Reaction score
19
I'm a premium member and I see the ad clear as day. Here is the deal.... I am assuming RR uses an ad aggregation service to serve up the ads. It is true that this company running these false ads is located outside the united states. It is also true that they have no such product that can do what they claim. People go to the site, get excited about what they are offering and then purchase this product that doesn't exist. No refunds, no one to call, etc. Total scam.
 

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Joined
Feb 15, 2002
Messages
9,378
Reaction score
380
Location
Bragg Creek, Alberta
I don't think anyone has hit on the most important part (IMO):

These days, ad delivery servers send you ads based on your own browsing habits.

So Fast1eddie, if there's anyone who is to blame for what ads you're seeing, it's you...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top