Center Point Fire dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublescan

Heard a lot of testing, counting and radio-squaking this morning on CP fire channel. Seems that Bham/Jefferson co 911 is getting connected to their dispatch. Anybody understand what they want that for, or what they're trying to do?

Heard a lot of testing, counting and radio-squaking this morning on CP fire channel. Seems that Bham/Jefferson co 911 is getting connected to their dispatch. Anybody understand what they want that for, or what they're trying to do?

JeffCo911 will be dispatching for CP soon as well as many other agencies including the JCSO. They tested new tones on the 16th. Not sure when they will make the official switch.

doublescan

CP fire

Sorry to hear that, sounds like some dispatchers will be losing their jobs if that's what is happening. CP Fire dispatch seemed to be very efficient as they are now.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like some dispatchers will be losing their jobs if that's what is happening. CP Fire dispatch seemed to be very efficient as they are now.

My understanding is no one is losing a job, they are simply moving to a different building about 1 mile down the street from where they are now.
This consolidation is a good thing. It will be a great solution to long time problems for many agencies.

JeffCo911 personnel have already taken over dispatching for CPFD. They will move into the new building in the next few weeks. 23 other agencies will also be moving from WestPark in homewood to the new center, that is when the new tones will be used. Also all FD agencies will have new apparatus numbers assigned. The CP engines will remain as they are however the rescue trucks will now be 11,12,13,14 and 15. Ladder trucks will be Ladder 21 and Quint 22.

All agency frequencies/talk groups both analog and digital will stay the same.

CP dispatch has finally moved into the new building. Their old dispatch center signed off the air earlier this evening. New station tones have also been placed in service. These are Motorola QCII tones so for those that are wanting to set your scanner to only alert for a certain station can now do so!

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
CP dispatch has finally moved into the new building. Their old dispatch center signed off the air earlier this evening. New station tones have also been placed in service. These are Motorola QCII tones so for those that are wanting to set your scanner to only alert for a certain station can now do so!

What did they use for station alerting before, MDC1200? Never really monitored them much, the pre and post-MDC PTT-IDs (with preamble!) on the dispatch console got annoying fast when monitoring them on a scanner.

What did they use for station alerting before, MDC1200? Never really monitored them much, the pre and post-MDC PTT-IDs (with preamble!) on the dispatch console got annoying fast when monitoring them on a scanner.

I use XPR radios to monitor CP while decoding MDC ID's. I rarely ever listened to CP on a scanner because of the preamble. Was very annoying, even the five beeps after the tones were annoying. The new ones are okay but they are just being tested out for a while. I have heard that they may change the tones around a bit after a while depending on how everyone likes them.

So far I have confirmed and tested the Motorola quick call II A/B frequencies (Hz) for stations 1, 2 and 5. I cannot confirm the B tone for station 4 just yet since it isn't as busy and I wont know until that station gets toned out and the QCII activates. Also the Fire Tone is unconfirmed as well. Using different methods of testing I have posted my best guess for tone B for St 4 and the Structure Fire Tone.

Station 1
(CONFIRMED)
Motorola QCII
A 339.6 REED CODE: 141
B 358.6 REED CODE: 142

Station 2
(CONFIRMED)
Motorola QCII
B 524.6 REED CODE: 149

Station 4
Motorola QCII
B 726.8

Station 5 (CONFIRMED)
Motorola QCII
B 1185.2 REED CODE: 192

Fire Tone: 903.2

(TONES ARE STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

UPDATED 02/28/2015

CPFD has changed station tones, the following are the ones I have been able to gather. Waiting on ST 4.

Station One:
A: 410.8Mhz
B: 855.5Mhz

Station Two:
A: 510.5Mhz
B: 953.7Mhz

Station Four:
A:
B:

Station Five:
A: 810.2Mhz
B: 1321.2Mhz