Center Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I got my scanner and have been listening to Center Point FD I always hear random dead air or what sounds like mic clicks. Does anyone else have this problem? I know its not my scanner. It happens randomly but usually when they arrive on scene at a call I hear a lot of beeps(not selective tones) almost as if someone is repeatedly keying up their radio but not saying anything. Are their radios that easy to key up, or is there another reason for it? Other times I don't get the beeps and I just hear a click and hissing air.

Also, sometimes I hear them refer to 800mhz when they are on major call. However, I never hear anything on their 800 frequencies, do they use some other than those in the DB?

I think the "800" they are talking about is Southern-LINC or possibly NEXTEL. As for the "dead air", I haven't heard anything like that on their VHF. Sometimes there will be a little hang-time if you listen to them on the Jefferson CO. TRS simulcast.

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Center Point Fire

I receive Center Point Fire on the Jefferson County system talkgroup 10960 almost daily.Not every dispatch comes over 800mhz but it's not uncommon for me to hear them on 800.

medic9351301

Banned
centerpoint fire

they are patched together vhf and 800 mhz accroding to the chief who is a friend of mine he said"we will not go digital"

CPFD uses 800 often when dealing with calls in Station 4's area because in their area there is a lot of "dead space" and its hard to get anything on VHF in that area. One of their Battalion Chiefs has personally told me they will never go digital because they dont like how the system works.

TechnoDave

Never go digital?? Do you mean never go COMPLETELY digital?? Because they are digital in a sense. But they, as does Bham Fire, simulcast most, if not all transmissions on digital and analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.