SDS100/SDS200: Centering Alpha Tags

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering how to align all my Text Tagging so it is centered on every line so that it realistically resembles an actual radio text display. Is there a way in Pro Scan, or Sentinel to do this or will I have to take a month to experiment with space space space crap?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Butel sells a software package that allows for centering, left or right justified. I imagine Freescan or both Freescan and PROSCAN do the same… but I am not familiar with those.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Freescan does not support the sds series unless someone has updated this discontinued software, I will check out Butel's arc offering at least the trial version, Will apparently have to ask Bob to add this to proscan as I can't find this option for the sds series in it. After trying everything in Sentinel no joy and Uniden sucks on supporting anything these days so that most likely will never happen.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Ok on all. I use the ARC Butel software in conjunction with Sentinel as Butel’s offering is an enhancement to Sentinel, supposedly easier editing. Since I was using Butel for previous scanners I stuck with it when the SDS radios were introduced. And it does allow for using RR (with a subscription) to program the SDS series just like Sentinel does.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You need Sentinel to update Firmware and get the (usually) weekly HPDB updates as desired. ARC536PRO has the wonderful virtual control display, and the ability (with RR Subscription) to get updates before the weekly updates happen via Uniden. Plus all the other options....

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ProScan's virtual control is unmatched by any other software. ProScan also allows you to import from the RRDB, as well as the added feature of being able to pull from Sentinel's database, in case you aren't a premium subscriber, you can still make use of the free weekly data pull. ProScan also covers a ton of Uniden models with one $50 payment, vs having to pay however many times for each Butel package for specific models. No brainer, ProScan ftw.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You need Sentinel to update Firmware

Firmware?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LMAO.png

Now thats funny...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also Sentinel is needed for Profile editing, etc. Proscan and Butel are good for favorites list work and virtual control.

A guy could copy his alpha tags from Sentinel into Excel, do the justification, capital work and then copy back to Sentinel if he was pinching pennies.