Centerpoint Energy OpenSky TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
This was announced in August 2010. Presumably it will replace the existing Motorola system.

Knowing how long it takes to install a working OpenSky system, it'll probably be another ten years or so before it's operational. :roll:

N5AMS

the techs from harris corp have come by the facility where the radio shop is at and have talked to them and that was towads the end of last year so when they do change out our radios for security i will submit and update to the database

N5AMS

It has been confirmed they are in the process of changing radios out to "broken" i mean Open Sky. This is going to start at ECDC next month so when it starts going dead then well no more monitoring centerpoint in houston.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
If it means the demise of their 451 MHz data system, I say bring it on. That noise has been the bane of UHF listeners for a long, long time.

N5AMS

UPADTE: Harris is now in the process of changing over the radios in RTO and distrabution dispatch here at ECDC. This has started at the begining of this week, so I suspect that security will be next on the list. Personally I would give it until the end of the year before the current system goes dark if not sooner.

Last edited:

N5AMS

I was right security will be getting the new radios by Wednesday of next week with training about the new radios on Tuesday of next week so the change is coming quicker than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.