Centerpoint/Jeff County Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaffoldBldr

As an avid cb user that has since started a home based business and online college classes I sit at home on my computer a lot. I life in Jefferson county, in Birmingham Police Dept's area, and the county runs around here as well. I have the BPD and CPFD feeds in my itunes but get nothing on the BPD feed. I am looking into buying a scanner to put on my desk. I am also looking to provide a feed if i can but doubt that at this time I will be able to afford a scanner of that quality. One Day

I am needing to know what scanner I need to purchase to be able to hear BPD with their new technology.

Thanks in advance and ai look forward to providing a feed one day

Philip

medic9351301

Banned
philip

buying a good qualt scanner is like buying a used car the specs and features are endless in my line of work the trucks that we use. all have unidens the bc996t i have 2 of theses units myself this is the first apco p-25 version it has since been replaced with the bc996 xt we have been using these radios about 5 years and they seem to work fine at around 500.00 to 600.00

as for radio shacks radios i do not have a clue on their performance

as goes with the other models

when you decide to buy make sure the radios can be flashed or have their firmware upgraded
also they support rebanding
and try not to forget there is a diffrence between digital and encryptrd

if you have any other questions drop a line here or read scanners in the wikki page here take care

I use a Pro-96 for digital and it gets the job done and can hear all you would want to hear in Jefferson County. They are a little bit cheaper now that RS doesn't sell them anymore.

ScaffoldBldr

bob I am trying to avoid spending that much, is there possibly a less expensive base model I could look for that will allow me to monitor here in JC

medic9351301

Banned
phillip try ebay look for digital scanners a new radio will set u back around 500.00 to 600. dollars

I second trying ebay. Look for digital scanners, some that have been out for a while(Pro-96) will be cheaper. Also keep a lookout in the local classifieds, you may get lucky and find a deal. If you want to buy new and not used, then $400-500 is the cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies.