centra health DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumbum

You have seen activity in a few of centras frequencies that I haven't, I have only gotten 452.2500 color 1 site 2 and 461.850 color 1 site 1 activity logged so far, my monitoring time is limited to weekends due to busy schedule, as little as they talk and the fact I live in a hole as far as reception. when it comes time to find LCNs it will probably take a while, I will also program the other non centra frequencies in and also check them out on my RTL-SDR, but I'm going to stay in this centra system untill I get it,,,
I was looking over the FCC info and looks like one site is at LGH and the other at VBH , each 100w base was assigned 2 frequencys and each 60W base was assigned 4 also looking at my first post on this thread the frequency chart says capacity plus, then W4UVV has a chart after , it denotes connect plus and it looks like a lot of the same frequencies, I have only found connect plus activity so far on one channel each site,

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Drumbum

Okay here are the freqs I got. I finally went through them. Most are Centra Health but there a few others included. All this monitored in Lexington mobile. Also W&L has been DMR for a while. TS 1 CC 1 and TG 90000. Yes that is ninety thousand.

Most of these were put in as conventional at the time which got me no TG info.

461.6375 TS 1&2 cc1 cc7 Got this with two different color codes at times.

464.450 TS 1&2 cc1

461.150 TS 1&2 cc1 JCrew

462.1 cc1 TS 1&2

461.225 cc1 TS 1&2

461.7875 cc1 TS 1&2

463.9375 TS 1&2 CC1

453.0125 cc1 TS 1 Westminster Cantebury of Lynchburg. No idea what this is.

461.850 TS 1&2 cc1

452.250 cc1 TS1

461.325 TS 1&2 Augusta

464.450 TS1 cc7 transit. Some type of transit service.

Don't know the answer to your question Drum. Might be nice if they can get CC tracking like on other systems. I know last week my scanner hung up on 452.250 color code of 7 as a CC showing a Con system. The recordings from the previous month had voice traffic on it though with different color code and showed straight DMR.

Also got it on another freq before which I think was the 464.450 but not this time.

Last week I forgot to record but got a number of hits on stuff with 7 as color code.

May be picking up multiple users as is the case on 461.6375.

I know I picked up LE on the JCrew freq at one point but have no idea who it was. Running and getting returns on plates.

I can confirm after listening on my RTL that 461.1500 is Liberty University Police. I see you have slot 1 and slot 2 transmissions, I picked up a lot of activity on slot 1 tonight but no slot 2

Drumbum

So far what I have is. There are 2 sites, one is at LGH the other at VBH, don't know which is which but,
Site 1 *cntrl ch 461.8500
462.1000 all color 1

Site 2 * cntrl ch 452.2500
463.9375 all color 1

I have been monitoring and with my phone camera take pic of the screen when I get a transmission and then locking out the channel, don't know how many more are left , when I think I found them all I will set up a trunked system and try LCN search

Drumbum

After going back in this thread and studying KB4VNs chart he put up it all makes sense I'm missing 3 channels, according to the chart it will be like this

LGH

VBH

Gonna try to find LCNs tonight will post if system works,, I think that is it though

Drumbum

LCN finder, run on multiple occasions found
VBH
452.2500 LCN 1
461.7875 LCN 2
463.9375 LCN 3
461.2250 LCN 4

LGH
461.8500 LCN 1
462.1000 LCN 2
LCN 3 ?
464.0000 LCN 4

I have yet to find LCN 3, I have also yet to hear any activity on

I'm not sure if VBH is complete with 4 LCNs and I need to find #3 frequency for LCN 3 on LGH side,
Over all what I have it tracks very well so I know I'm close, can hear both sides most of the time

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Well picked up a new one while in Lexington that I can't identify.

463.825 CC 1 TS 1

Didn't pick up enough to get what it was about though.

Hey Drum did you ever get it figured out?

Drumbum

No not yet, I'm taking my laptop over to hospital and going to see if I can find it with rtl/sdr and my scanner both this weekend, I will check that frequency also,

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good. Went up there with my new 536 and got nothing but the Uni on anything while scanning Conv and 1 freq trunked. Don't know what I got wrong in it but when kicked over to discovery it was hitting stuff fine.

I must have messed something up though.

Will look forward to what you find out.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
463.825 MHz

Well picked up a new one while in Lexington that I can't identify.

463.825 CC 1 TS 1

Didn't pick up enough to get what it was about though. Hey Drum did you ever get it figured out?

Ron,
Reviewing FCC license records, I can only find two licenses listed for digital comms on 463.825 MHz within Virginia:

#1-
WQVW524
Cyrus Networks LLC
(data center company dba as: "CyrusOne")
7K60FXD = 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data
7K60FXE = 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice

#2-
WQVW520
Brooks, Danny
(Rapidan Radio Communications)
8K30F7W = 12.5 kHz voice and data NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)

Whether or not the comms were from either one of the above is unknown.

Mark C.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Ron,
Reviewing FCC license records, I can only find two licenses listed for digital comms on 463.825 MHz within Virginia:

#1-
WQVW524
Cyrus Networks LLC
(data center company dba as: "CyrusOne")
7K60FXD = 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data
7K60FXE = 2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice

#2-
WQVW520
Brooks, Danny
(Rapidan Radio Communications)
8K30F7W = 12.5 kHz voice and data NXDN (Wide IDAS, NEXEDGE)

Whether or not the comms were from either one of the above is unknown.

Mark C.

Thanks Mark will be back in Lex on Friday and see what I can pick up. Maybe get a better idea of what it is. Its definitely not Nexedge though as I have a 536 and it doesn't pick that up.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Slight update after going to Lex tonight.

464.450 was coming in as CAP with CC 7 and both time slots. It was showing Site 1
It is a confirmed transit company. Buses as in a city bus line type of thing. Talking about routes, passengers and such.

461.6375 was coming in CAP also with CC 7 and both time slots. No audio.

And 463.825 popped up again but only said CAP on it no other info or audio. Before it said CC 1 and TS 1

Didn't pick up any Centra stuff tonight though which was strange. Have to hit there on a weekday during business hours and see if it picks up radio traffic wise.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Okay checking the FCC Database it looks like both 464.450 and 461.6375 are licensed to something called Teltronic Inc out of Staunton. So I'd say they're tied together into a CAP system and are city buses in the Staunton area.

That solves a couple of them.

Hopefully Drum you had some luck on the Centra missing LCN

I figured out I think what I screwed up. It seems on DMR you need the system hold time set higher than for P25 stuff. Putting it at 0 got me 0 traffic. Putting it back at 2 got stuff back again.

Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Happy New Year everyone.

Drumbum

I think I have found the missing frequency, it was in the 5 watt category (i think) I'm getting transmissions , I just have to see if it will work on LCN finder as LCN 3, they rarely talk enough for me to get all of them in a day, Friday and today they have been talking a lot, if they keep it up will be great,

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Digital format in region

GENERAL QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:

Given the amount of DMR, NXDN, IDAS and MotoTrbo format comms in the region, starting a separate thread as an informal 'scorecard' to document who has switched to this format? Possibly even making it a sticky?

Then in the longer term, the members and moderators can fully document the agency's data to the database as time allows.

Comments anyone?

Mark C. KB4CVN
Amherst County

Drumbum

I wish radio reference would make a new map for these formats or some kind of page, yes, would be great

W4UVV

Analog/P1/P2/DMR/NXDN/NEXEDGE/IDAS VA.Users

GENERAL QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:

Given the amount of DMR, NXDN, IDAS and MotoTrbo format comms in the region, starting a separate thread as an informal 'scorecard' to document who has switched to this format? Possibly even making it a sticky?

Then in the longer term, the members and moderators can fully document the agency's data to the database as time allows.

Comments anyone?

Mark C. KB4CVN
Amherst County

----------------------------

All,

I have been documenting FCC new and modified licensees to include emission codes since 1985. Until approximately 2007-8 life was simple until I added the first DMR license. Subsequently, to a much lesser degree, NXDN licensees and the various additional emission code configurations appeared i.e., P1/P2, Analog, P1and P2, etc., which now number 20 and documented in the user's manual. Within the past 6 years there has been an increasingly new and/or modified number of FCC licensees authorizing either a new or modified license emission code(s). 2016 was the greatest number of new and/or modified licenses yet.

As I previously posted, most DMR licenses are not solely for MOTOTRBO but are Analog/MOTOTRBO. In some licensees, to a much lesser degree, there also are other emission mode configurations, i.e., MOTOTRBO/P1,etc.

I do not attempt to second guess whether or not a licensee authorized for analog/MOTOTRBO/NXDN/NEXEDGE/IDAS actually uses a specific emission mode, but what the licensee authorized emission mode(s) are. Subsequently, if the user has been confirmed using DMR, I document that user's license, if known, as appropriate with its' attributes where known. If the user is unknown I document it as such.

For me, the authorized emission mode for the licensee's use of MOTOTRBO only is the one which lists DMR as the only emission mode. That being said, if a licensee subsequently modifies its' licensee additionally for DMR and/or NXDN, etc. operation, the odds are good the licensee also intends to use the non-analog emission mode(s) to some degree if not 100%. Otherwise, why waste the time and money?

Others may document data differently which is fine, but the above discussed method has proved to work quite well for my documentation and format requirements during these past 32 years..

----------

I recommend a separate "sticky" link within the VA forum and a thread one each only for DMR, NXDN, NEXEDGE/IDAS licensee/user. Additionally a standard agreed to template data format is to be used for structured each element which with poster entries can be modified for enhancements, corrections, etc. The VA Forum Moderator shall make the final determination, subject to change, of the data field formats and layout. For example, in the below "strawman" recommendation as to each appropriate content and format field, only ONE thread of record will be allowed for that callsign i.e.(WABC1234) licensee or unknown user unless the VA Forum Moderator decides otherwise. If not controlled, in time individuals will forget the original WABC1234 thread and post additional whatever info as as a new related thread. The solution to that is do a RR search by callsign or user name and parse it down from there to the correct thread.

Further unless the VA Forum Moderator approves otherwise, no out of state posters are solicited or desired within each of the aforementioned "sticky" emission post sections. Again, I recommend only direct pertinent info for the target license configuration info be posted and then that thread post will be the "official thread record post" for that license/unknown user.

All license or known or unknown user personal license/monitored content attributes and related chat comms are to be confined to the original non-sticky thread for that license/known/unknown user. See the below format for an unknown user header info example.

Otherwise, in my opinion, anyone browsing the DMR "sticky" thread uncontrolled may go from page to page of previously commented posts that basically will "muddy the waters" and be a detriment to the original objective, a "clean" post of the subject callsign or known/unknown user. The poor individual browsing attempting to ascertain just the basic DMR/NXDN/NEXEDGE/IDAS configuration/user consolidated attributes most likely will have to waste time wading through page after page ad infinitum of mind boring posts which seem to have no end. Don't believe me? Some RR forums are full of them. For example, before the formal announcement of Uniden's support of DMR 436/536 modifications, start reading the various threads from last summer with that subject and see where you end "mousetrapped" in the different morasses of related subjects.. Remember UPMan does not respond to personal emails. I finally realized I was wasting my time and ended it. Now that Uniden formally has announced the process for upgrading, I will do just the DMR upgrade.

To recap I recommend two threads. The first is the "regular" non-sticky thread which is open to all for posts on the subject licensee/known or unknown user to everyone everywhere in or out of state. The second thread is a "sticky" thread which is restricted to VA forum members only, no non-DMR/NXDN/NEXEDGE/IDAS monitoring capable vacationers; no out of state posters to be solicited or desired unless the VA Forum Moderator in a moment of weakness "opens the flood gates" to everyone everywhere.Then you have the beginnings of another sticky-thread of posts which defeat the original purpose of the sticky thread. Again a "sticky" thread post only can contain data entries which pertain directly to the licensee and/or multiple users for either DMR, NXDN,NEXEDGE and IDAS as appropriate.

-----------------------------
AN EXAMPLE ONLY:

The below "strawman" partial fixed format example for DMR/MOTOTRBO is offered for adding/change/deleting:

(DMR) Callsign: WABC123 or if unknown enter a year/month/day sequence
and number, i.e.,"2016/01/02#1"
DMR Decode Used: (Y/N)
Licensee: COMMRADIO, INC.
System Type= Connect Plus
More Emissions Auth=Y/N
Frequencies Mhz.:

----------------------

User #1 Confirmed=(Y/N) Day/Night Medical Transport, Inc
Slot 1= 1 | Slot 2= N
CC= n, or n, etc.
TG1234= Unknown
TG5678= Engineering
TG8910= Security....., etc.
TG=21000 Van text comms to base
TG=21001 Van to van text comms
Comments: Active 24/7.

----------------------

User #2 = Joe's Auto Parts, Inc.
Slot 1= N | Slot 2= Y
CC= n, or n, etc.
TG=6661= Dispatch
TG=6662=Van 1
TG=5552=Van 2
TG=5553=Van 3
TG=5655=Unknown Van No.
Comments: Van 3 has poor audio quality.

------------------------

etc., for each separate DMR, NXDN,NEXEDGEand IDAS "sticky" section.

John
W4UVV

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I'd vote for a more regional approach. I for instance have no interest in Richmond while someone in Richmond probably has no interest in my area either.

As a final solution I think its a good idea but wouldn't want to lose these types of threads either. Ones like this one allow people to put up finds and lets others take a look and as happened here add more info until a more complete picture can be formed as to what's what.

Drumbum

I agree, also with the regional idea, maybe the discussion area people trying to figure a system out and the sticky a confirm complete or in my case a system that may be missing 1 LCN.. I have been listening to it this way and it is very listenable, can't even tell I'm missing it, maybe someone down the line will find it, I'm not going to give up though, also in the case of this thread other things were also found like for example, I know Liberty University Police single DMR frequency because it was found while trying to find what I believe is a missing LCN

Status
Not open for further replies.