Central Area showing counties with encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhouse55

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I was really surprised to see how many counties and police departments that have went to P25 digital now. When looking through the RR database, it shows whether they are P25 Phase 1 or 2, but I don't see anywhere that specifies whether they are encrypted or not.

Is there a central area or Wiki that shows a current list of Police Departments or Counties for that matter that are encrypted and cannot be monitored? I realize some are Motorola TDMA that need the latest scanner to decode, but I"m just talking encrypted that is impossible to listen to like FHP.

Seems like in time, a top notch digital scanner will be needed to listen to anything if the system you like has not went encrypted yet, Ughhh

Thanks in advance,
jhouse55

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I was really surprised to see how many counties and police departments that have went to P25 digital now. When looking through the RR database, it shows whether they are P25 Phase 1 or 2, but I don't see anywhere that specifies whether they are encrypted or not.

Is there a central area or Wiki that shows a current list of Police Departments or Counties for that matter that are encrypted and cannot be monitored? I realize some are Motorola TDMA that need the latest scanner to decode, but I"m just talking encrypted that is impossible to listen to like FHP.

Seems like in time, a top notch digital scanner will be needed to listen to anything if the system you like has not went encrypted yet, Ughhh

Thanks in advance,
jhouse55

When the new FL SLERS P25 l is up and running so far I heard it will be ENC. Where I use to live the county so and city pd went to p25 l ENC in 2013. If you see Phase ll you need the new unidens 436 or the 536 and PSR 800. Whistler suppose to come out some new scanners. No new scanners will decode Encryption.

wmlovell

Feed Provider
In the "mode" column of the database it will show a "E" if it is a known encrypted channel or talk group

Bolt21

TankerYanker
All LE in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Sumter are encrypted. Those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Status
Not open for further replies.