Central EMS Fayetteville

cus1507

Does anybody know the frequency to Central EMS in Fayetteville I have tried this frequency for Central EMS dispatch is on 155.235 That's listed on Washington County, Arkansas (AR) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

But I'm not hearing anything and was wondering if someone out there can confirm if it's working or not if it's not is there any way someone could list the right frequency so I can have it.

Thanks for your guys help.

WG5EEK

You don't need a PL to listen to anything, a PL can, CAN, be used if there are multiple transmitters on the same frequency and you only want to hear a specific one, but that doesn't apply here since they have an exclusive license for that frequency. Either there is no activity, your radio/antenna aren't sensitive enough to hear it, or you are too far away.

Think of a PL, which is Motorola lingo for CTCSS, as a key to open the door. On a repeater a tone (key) is needed to use the repeater (open the door). But to listen, you don't need anything. CTCSS is not an encryption algorithm, it's simply a tone. You don't need a tone to listen. There are tons of videos on YouTube explaining this. Most scanners don't even have a tone scan, as why would they since the only listen. Invest in an actual scanner if you really want to hear better. They generally have better receivers, can scan much faster, and a used one isn't that expensive, especially for just analog.
Cheers.
Mike

cus1507

You don't need a PL to listen to anything, a PL can, CAN, be used if there are multiple transmitters on the same frequency and you only want to hear a specific one, but that doesn't apply here since they have an exclusive license for that frequency. Either there is no activity, your radio/antenna aren't sensitive enough to hear it, or you are too far away.

Think of a PL, which is Motorola lingo for CTCSS, as a key to open the door. On a repeater a tone (key) is needed to use the repeater (open the door). But to listen, you don't need anything. CTCSS is not an encryption algorithm, it's simply a tone. You don't need a tone to listen. There are tons of videos on YouTube explaining this. Most scanners don't even have a tone scan, as why would they since the only listen. Invest in an actual scanner if you really want to hear better. They generally have better receivers, can scan much faster, and a used one isn't that expensive, especially for just analog.
Cheers.
Mike
Thanks for the info that really helped. I would think I could pick them up in Springdale because I'm right down the road from the mall in Fayetteville near the golf course in Springdale. If there's a Pacific place I have to be in Fayetteville to pick them up I would love to go around that area and try this weekend to see if I can get them.

WG5EEK

You're welcome.

The location of the agency doesn't mean that's where their repeater is. I live in Tontitown a mile from the Fire Department and they don't come in well at all inside my house.

cus1507

You're welcome.

The location of the agency doesn't mean that's where their repeater is. I live in Tontitown a mile from the Fire Department and they don't come in well at all inside my house.
Ok what frequency are you using to pick up the dispatch of central EMS I might be using the wrong frequency.

Fayetteville Central EMS

155.235 - Central EMS Dispatch

462.975 - Central EMS Dispatch

I'm using 462.975 so don't know if that one is the correct one or not. Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it.

WG5EEK

Honestly I don't monitor them. Just giving you some general scanning advice. Do you have an outside antenna? If so what kind and what kind and length of coax are you using?

cus1507

I'm using TYT 380 but on weekends I work in Fayetteville near the UOFA so I will try the 462.975. My TYT MD 380 can only do VHF only or UHF only not both at the same time. I use UHF so I will try that frequency Saturday.

jbdinki

Central EMS is being dispatched on 154.355 county fire dispatch. Their ops channel is usually a tac channel for the county. I.e. fire north,east, south or west. If it's a call inside Fayetteville they operate on central tac one on county trunk. Not sure of the patch frequency,could be 155.235 but I haven't heard any traffic on that frequency in a while.

cus1507

Central EMS is being dispatched on 154.355 county fire dispatch. Their ops channel is usually a tac channel for the county. I.e. fire north,east, south or west. If it's a call inside Fayetteville they operate on central tac one on county trunk. Not sure of the patch frequency,could be 155.235 but I haven't heard any traffic on that frequency in a while.
Thanks for your help. Do you happen to know the PL tones if not that's ok. If you find out any more info that be cool if not that's ok. I do know they work sporting events at the University of Arkansas so I was going to try to listen to them while I work the game for football game so I know if there coming so I can get people out of the way.