Central Georgia Interoperable Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacon12

Anyone know the status of the Macon/Bibb County radio system? Up until yesterday it was coming in fine on my Uniden 436 but last night was mostly silent except the random garbled transmission. It's the same on the internet live feed.

WAYNE1949

My 536 hp worked excellent last night really happy with it for the first time , except for as you stated the usual garbled traffic seems like the longer the talk the clearer it gets .

jacon12

I'm finding that there are times when I receive it very good and later in the same day nothing at all, not even when I'm right down town.

WAYNE1949

I'm finding that there are times when I receive it very good and later in the same day nothing at all, not even when I'm right down town.
LPP

Same with me ,I think they switch between systems Moto and l thought I heard them say Vtec my 536 didn't even show the Central Georgia bblaa in my scan list last night but this morning it was back.Go figure .

N8IAA

LPP

Same with me ,I think they switch between systems Moto and l thought I heard them say Vtec my 536 didn't even show the Central Georgia bblaa in my scan list last night but this morning it was back.Go figure .

That would be V TAC. Maybe they are having glitches with the new system and are using simplex or repeaters set up on those frequencies.
Larry

mjbjr

The garbled might be on my end due to its location. I may try and move it to a different location this weekend and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.