Central Illinois StarCom out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradyo54

I am in Monticello IL half way between Decatur and Champaign and not hearing any StarCom traffic, I can usually hear ISP D 10, D9,D6, D21 and IDOT units, I am getting the tracking indication on my scanner but no traffic. Any ideas? Thanks. Greg

Gradyo54

My scanner does not show the sites, I have a Radio Shack PRO 652. I think it is monitoring the Pesotum and Champaign sites.

Gradyo54

Yes I did , I have been using the Pesotum/Champaign towers for a few years and can hear Springfield, Pontiac, Ashkum, Pesotum, I sometimes hear Collinsville. I will try the Argenta site freqs. Thanks.
I am now hearing the ISP. and several IDOT yards and mobiles. maybe just a glitch.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
That's what I'm listening to up here by Chi-Raq. IDOT-ITHA plows and accidents galore with this snow

lu81fitter

I can hear a lot of ISP and IDOT here as well. Dist 1, 6, 7, 8, and 17. Also IDOT from Peoria, Morton, LaSalle, Ottawa, and Wyoming. Pretty busy with this weather we have going.

Gradyo54

When I worked at IDOT in Champaign County our old low band VHF system had 4 frequency's for the entire state, The alternated between 9 districts. When it was snowing you would be lucky to be able to communicate with your own yard, Everyone talking over each other, StarCom came along 5 years after I retired. I would have loved to have it in the old days.
Thank you for your comments.

cubn

Database Admin
The first thought I had is that a site changed control channel frequencies for a short while to a frequency the listener didn't have in his scanner. Then when the control channel changed back to the usual frequency he had in his radio, his scanner started working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.