Central indiana 162.250 & 164.100 HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoobyj

Completely Banned for Stupidity
Banned
Hi I just got a Maxtrac 300 at an auction in Marion Indiana, It has a label on it saying Veterans Hospital Fort Wayne Indiana. I hooked it up and learned what freq's it has using my scanner. I have heard nothing on it at all even when I went to ft wayne, and no one answered me, so I started searching and I can't find where anyone anywhere in Indiana ever had thoes Freq's.
The reason I am trying to track them down is so I can find out if there's Tones and what they are so I can get another Maxtrac or Raidus radio with the same freq's. There easy to get off ebay and some of the sellers will program them for free, so I need your help.
Anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appriceated as I am just starting to take intreast in the air waves. Thanks alot!!
J~ in Marion, IN

162.250 & 164.100 INDIANA!!!

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
I would highly recommend having that radio re-programmed to MURS frequencies. Transmitting with your current programing might get you some very unwanted attention.

Especially considering that those are both US federal government frequencies. 164.100 is US Secret Service channel Victor is most parts of the country, and Department of the Interior in other locations.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
skoobyj said:
I have heard nothing on it at all even when I went to ft wayne, and no one answered me, so I started searching and I can't find where anyone anywhere

That's probally not the best of ideas :)

skoobyj

Completely Banned for Stupidity
Banned
What does MURS stand for? I don't really think I have anything to worry about with these freq's because the chances of having the same tones as thoes are not good. This radio was owned and used by a veterans hospital so I am sure the pL tones aren't the same as who you said. so does that mean there is no way to get the tones i need?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
If you do not have a license to operate on said freq's you have alot to worry about..

illini52

skoobyj said:
I don't really think I have anything to worry about with these freq's because the chances of having the same tones as thoes are not good.

Do yourself a favor and drop the radio off a bridge.

drunyon

Silent Key
Not sure why you're "bumping" the thread so it gets more attention. I think the answers and advice you have been given thus far are very good.

Do NOT transmit on frequencies for which you are not licensed. Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.