Central Indiana - Automated voice repeating "18 18 188"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Catching up on some logging this past week and I'm hearing an automated voice repeating 18 18 188 on the Hamilton County Simulcast. Caught a few on the Indy ISP & Pendleton ISP tower (Boone County TG's) too. Different radio ID's on each TG.

TG's where I've heard it so far on the ISP Indy Tower:
10036 (Boone County Sheriff Dispatch 2)

TG's where I've heard it so far on the ISP Pendleton Tower:
10174 (Delaware County Fire Disp)
10332 (Hancock County Fire Control)

TG's where I've heard it so far on the HC System:
29001 (Sheriff & Small Town Disp)
29002 (Fishers PD)
29003 (Noblesville Westfield Police Disp)
29006 (Countywide Fire Control)
29013 (Ops 301)

I wasn't sure if my ProScan flipped out or what. I have another hour or two of logs to go through so I'll be curious if it shows up elsewhere.

Anyone else hearing this?

Mattnik

Database Admin
It's the CIA Boone County Number's Station. More I cannot say....

No really, I wonder if it is some sort of alarm? We had an automated one at a courthouse in Franklin that broadcast on the old TAC-2 repeater. Freaked us out when it tripped one night.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
It was a lot of them On all different systems. I was only listening to unidentifiable UIDs and it got to be to common I gave up after a while.

I cleared out my recordings because I think it might have been a ProScan issue. I’ve been logging all day & will check the recordings in the AM.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Well since it was all over the place I’m leaning towards a software error of some sorts. Makes no sense it would be on 3 separate systems. This was over a week of recording too.

west-pac

I don't recognize that automated voice as anything I've heard over-the-air on a scanner, audible channel indicator on a radio, or any of my computers or devices. I'm just curious where that voice would've been injected into the recording from.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's exactly what it sounds like (numbers station).

I uploaded a sample here - http://www.indyscan.com/swap/09-15-20_02-29-02-Operations_301.mp3

Logged it on all the systems I listen to and on a bunch of TG's. I'm going to attribute it to a ProScan recording bug unless I witness it myself on the receiver.
ProScan logs the data as it's received from the scanner. You could look at the incoming data(Scanner Data.txt file) to see if it matches.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Well, no more instances of this in the last 24 hours so I'm going to chalk it up to a "glitch" (technical term) on my end somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.