Central Iowa Calls nodes

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
Hey Iowa! Just figured I'd post since I'm doing some changes.... I feed four nodes for Central Iowa from Huxley. Thought it would be wise to make a thread here to eliminate sending duplicate calls since I know some people use software other than SDRTrunk. If anyone is listening to Calls and hears talkgroups get sent twice due to how the software sends calls, feel free to post here or DM me and I'd be happy to turn off uploading the offending talkgroups on my side. Ideally, I'd like to upload the best coverage we can get for the area while still covering as much as we can, so if someone is feeding higher quality calls I'm certainly not offended. Thanks:)

Here's a spreadsheet that I'll use to make updates on since I won't be able to edit this post. Book.xlsx

Last edited:

kslager

Feed Provider
Ultimately, I think its something that needs to be fixed on the Broadcastify end. Either requiring a standardized software, having a developer make one program or another configurable to mirror the record/cutoff time of the other, or something else.

The way I understand things, talkgroup traffic is only passed on the towers if there is an associated radio monitoring that particular TG. If you were to block a TG because of a neighboring tower, I think there would be decent amount of traffic skipped at times. If a 10-80 starts on one tower, and progresses across the region to another tower that blocks that particular TG, that would be the end of monitoring things. Your only hope would be if a "radio" stays back from the 10-80 but still is monitoring.

For example, in the North Central Iowa area, I only hear Lifeflight 1/2/3 traffic on TG 4339 as long as one of them is flying up this way. When they leave the area back to Des Moines (or wherever), TG 4229 is no longer push through to this area. Same with National Guard traffic out of Boone on TG 4299 - I will see them out flying on ADSB, but I can't hear them unless they fly up this way and associate to a tower up here.