Central Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5KYP

I am here in Avoyelles.
Listening to the area on the scanner I was wondering about the Alexandria PD and the Rapides SO.
I am not sure as to what system they are using, and if the info listed in the database page is still accurate.

If you have any information you can share please post a reply.

Thanks,
Pujo

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a million for the link, will this be available from now on?? I sure hope so, i have a GRE-PSR-400, it has 700mhz, but i can't get Avoyelles. Matter of fact i can't pick up anything on 700mhz.

Most of the parishes in cenla changed 700mhz frequencies. Avoyelles is now 769.2062. To answer your question Pujo, Rapides/APD are still using a Motorola type 2 and everything is accurate on the database page. They are on the LWIN system but only for inter-ops like a few other parishes. Troop E is now using the 700 also. Hope this helps.

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber

raw44

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone can answer my question...I have the gre psr-400 (Analog triple trunking) scanner, I've programed it according to the manual....It will "not" pick anything up on 700mhz, so i programed the frequencies for Rapides Parish (800mhz which according to RR Mot,type II, Analog).

Now i also have a older model Bearcat that has 800mhz, no trunking....So i programed the same frequencies in it and sit the scanners beside each other....They are both receiving the same transmissions, I don't see anything different...Either i'm not programing the GRE Scanner right (and i re-programed it several times) or the frquencies shown under Rapides Parish are not trunking frequencies or if that's the way the trunking system works then all you have to do is program a non trucking (800mhz) scanner in the order they're listed on Radio Reference and get the same results...I admit i'm new to the Trunking and very confused....Any help would sure be appreciated.

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber
You won't catch anything digital with those scanners. On the trunking issue, you will hear them talking on both the scanners. To make it in a simple way, the non trunking scanner will pick up any traffic on any radio that is keyed up with those frequencies. Where as, the trunking on, you can program what you want- APD, RPSO, PFD,AFD etc...and monitor what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.