Central Lower MSP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtor72

Hello and thanks for any help you can provide me with this question,
I just got another PRO96 after the one I had for many years quit working,
I have programmed all the control channels and some alternate channels for the central lower michigan area,
my problem is I am only getting traffic on 867.4750 which is a frequency that isn't even listed as a control channel or an alternate channel. (I had it written down in a notebook)
My question is what else might I be missing by not having some of the non control or alternates programmed?
Seems I should be getting more traffic, I have an outdoor antenna also.
Might someone have a Pro96 file they would be willing to share for this area?
any frequency suggestions or ideas would be helpful. thanks a bunch, Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You're receiving voice traffic on that freq because it's a voice channel in Isabella Co. That's to be expected. You just need to enter the control channels and alternates.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Its listed as an alternate control channel on 04-12 Curran (Alpena). Its also a tower freq for 03-23 Beal City (Isabella).

Last edited:

gtor72

thanks for the replies, out of all the control and alternates i have entered that is the only freq i am getting any traffic on....I know i live in the sticks, but it seems I should get more than that...i was just curious if there was anyone else living in this area that might know a better setup.....thanks, Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure we're talking on the same wavelength yet ;) When you say "get traffic on" - do you mean you are using that as a control channel? Or you're hearing voice on it? What traffic are you hearing? What do you expect to hear that you aren't?

gtor72

yes i am hearing voice traffic, seems to be Clare county and Mobile medical response, I am getting around 5-6 talkgroups popping up in open bank mode.
I just remember years ago when I got my first pro 96 the traffic was a lot heaver then I am hearing now,
used to get a lot of DNR and various things thanks for your input Mike

freqs

You live in the North Eastern part of Mecosta Co correct ? The 2 Control Tower freqs you should use are or should I say try and see which one works best 868.4750that is the Isabella Tower .868.9625 is the Clare Tower. I looked at the MPSCS Tower location Map those 2 towers coverage are within your range .So those 2 should be the ones you will pick up best .867.4750 is a Voice channel not a Control Tower freq

gtor72

thanks for all the input, after having this thing programmed for awhile now, I am getting a lot of traffic,
close to 40 talkgroups have come up, in the beginning i was mostly just getting MMR,
must just be that I live in the sticks and there isn't that much activity around here, but its working fine. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.