Central MD region: which scanner to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I am in the market to replace my Uniden 396T. I listen mostly to AACo and USNA, however I do travel around the region, up to Baltimore City, and west to Montgomery County. The P25 decoding with the 396T (hence the audio performance) is not the best, so I'm looking for recommendations between the various Uniden and GRE radios. Another question: is there any perceptible difference in receive performance between the current handhelds and mobiles?

baydog

I've been pleased with my GRE PSR 500 that I bought after being disappointed in my 396T.
I use the PSR 500 for AA County, USNA, BWI Fire, FT Meade Fire, Delaware TRS and the OC and Worchester /Wicomico Co, systems. With just a RS 800mhz antenna, the PSR 500 picks up things while the 396T beside it remains silent.The disparity between the two radios is most glaring when we are in Rehoboth Beach and listening to the Delaware TRS.

David

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've curious if anyone has noticed a difference in audio / receive performance between the PSR-500 and the PSR-800? The PSR-800 is only $50 more, but I thought I've heard that it does not perform as well as the -500. Any input is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.