Central Michigan feed service inturuption today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I will be moving my feed equipment into my house sometime today when ever Fed Ex gets here with my wireless router.

The feed should only be down for a few minutes i just have no time frame also i will not be using the same antenna that it is running of now.

With the antenna i will be using i have never had it hooked up to the feed scanner so some ch's might not come in as clear or at all i will be working on that issue when i am able to get on the roof to raise the antenna etc.

Thanks

Matt

SCPD

QRT
I have hooked everything back up i will play around with the antenna when the weather gets better.

Thanks

Matt

SCPD

QRT
The scanner i am using is a pro 2052 along with a firestik railroad base antenna which right now is about 20ft off the ground

SCPD

QRT
As of right now the ch's that were a little scratchy are now clear.

My plan is once the snow and ice melt off the roof i am going to raise the antenna about anther 20-30 feet.

I am thinking now we might be able to hear some fire ground talk in Harrison and Gladwin.

SCPD

QRT
Today in between the snow i was able to raise the antenna anther 15-20 ft higher this will be the final adjustment for the feed.

Thanks

Matt

SCPD

QRT
Over the last week i have noticed a lot of static noise on the feed during daylight hrs then it goes away after the sun goes down i have tried other antennas and it is the same thing.

What i am thinking is there is a lot of static in the air since it is dry.

The reason why i am posting this is so my listeners know that it as far as i know i can not do anything more to improve this.

Thanks

Matt

SCPD

QRT
That's the thing it is grounded and now today it is clear as can be as far as reception.

The antenna is mounted on a flag pole that is cemented in the ground plus i have a ground wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.