Status
Not open for further replies.

jacmac1224

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD396XT and downloaded Central Mississippi Regional Network and Rankin County Motorola Systems from the Radio Reference Database file into scanner, using ARC XT Pro software.

Rankin County's system worked but Central Mississippi did not not. I have tried to download the system several times but still unable to get it to work. I have updated my BCD396XT’s firmware also, hoping this would solve the problem, but made no difference.

Is the database for Central Mississippi Regional Network accurate, or am I missing something?

Thanks

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I have a GRE 800. I put the central miss stuff in it last week. I can't pick anything up at my home in east Brandon. If I drive to Jackson I pick stuff up. I downloaded all from RR. I had fits with the rankin stuff for some time. The CC's were not right for me. I added them manual and it fixed my problem.

Remo

Last edited:

JMMCKINLEY

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Remo! I am having the opposite trouble. Rankin County worked fine, but am still unable to get Jackson. Have tried to program several times. Even when in Jackson, I have been unable to pick Jackson PD or FD up. I appreciate your reply. Sorry, I have not checked back in a timely manner.

KE5TLF

Probably the best thing you could do is setup a custom search, something like 851-860, or thereabouts, with the control channel only option turned on and hopefully find a control channel that is missing from the DB and/or your setup. You may have to do this several times over a period of time depending on the control channel rotation that is set for the system. Once you find all the control channels that is all you need to program.

If you want to dip your toe into the control channel decoding pool then running T88 on it would be really be awesome. Depending on how the system is setup that could possibly reveal all the CC's in the rotation in one shot. Of course you'd have to have the active control channel first.

Please report here and/or submit anything you find. That system needs a little TLC for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.