Central Missouri CB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskidz

I just moved back to NJ from central MO.
I was 8 miles north of Jefferson City.
There is quite a few cb'ers around.
Jokerman, Hoot Owl , J.B. , Ridgerunner , YoYo , Operator are a few.
If ya get ahold of any of them tell them Oldtimer said hi !!
Good Luck

Honeybee137

I will do that for sure! Captain Caveman and I talk to YoYo from time to time, and even more lately; and I have heard of a couple of the others you mentioned. There is a group that meets with YoYo every night, but most of them are mud ducks and YoYo is the only one really getting heard from here. :) If you're ever in this area of the world again, holler for us! Take care and God bless you in New Jersey!

jwisecarver

Hello All,

This is Dutchman11. I am just getting back into radios and hope to be back on the air in a couple of weeks. Will be running a Stonewall Jackson with a Workman 58 in my mobile a Cobra 148gtl with a k40 so hope to talk to some of you soon. I am located in Arnold, Mo just south of St.Louis.

zzdiesel

Sometimes I get the itch to get back in, but our local cable tower is right behind our house. I don't want to broadcast all over town. Does CB bother digital TV like it did on analog?

redtail95

I'm a purt green

I'm running a Uniden in my mobile unit. I'm in St. Louis, and just started CB'ing this year, so far I've found CB19 the most useful because I travel a lot, but when I'm stuck in town in the weeks I'd like to be able to have a conversation from time to time, but I don't even know what channel(s) everyone else is on.

KD0PEZ

I'm over at Whiteman Air Force Base. Hopefully you all have better luck. There's not many folks here on the CB anymore. That is what pushed me to pursue my ham ticket.

I'm running a Uniden in my mobile unit. I'm in St. Louis, and just started CB'ing this year, so far I've found CB19 the most useful because I travel a lot, but when I'm stuck in town in the weeks I'd like to be able to have a conversation from time to time, but I don't even know what channel(s) everyone else is on.

19 is the "highway" channel, or the "truckers channel". 6 is the superbowl channel but you have to have a bunch of power (upwards of 20 kW) if you want to talk to those guys....unless one of them lives near you and your signal doesn't get stepped on. 36-40 are used by the single side banders.

Last time I was in St. Louis back in July, there was someone on 19 yelling "I want my daddy's records back"...is he still on the air?

Sometimes I get the itch to get back in, but our local cable tower is right behind our house. I don't want to broadcast all over town. Does CB bother digital TV like it did on analog?

I don't think it does. Not unless you're running a large amount of RF.

jwisecarver

I am up and running in Arnold Mo there is a good number of cber's out there. Been talking a good bit of skip also, allot of west coast and north west off my old Stonewall Jackson and an Imax 2000 antenna, I am putting a Galaxy Dx98 VHP in my truck this weekend if my mount comes in. Hope to hear you on the air. I am having allot of fun back out there,

mrbooker

I'm back on CB near Arnold

I am up and running in Arnold Mo there is a good number of cber's out there. Been talking a good bit of skip also, allot of west coast and north west off my old Stonewall Jackson and an Imax 2000 antenna, I am putting a Galaxy Dx98 VHP in my truck this weekend if my mount comes in. Hope to hear you on the air. I am having allot of fun back out there,
I'll be up and running this weekend. June 13th 2015. RCI 2970n2 and a new Stardustet at 20 ft. I know, I'll be mud ducking but at least I'll be back on CB. Ham Radio sucks..lol Hey What channel you guy run??

Status
Not open for further replies.