Central NY 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hi all ~ I see that Onondaga, Tompkins and Cayuga have now hopped on the 800 train and I'm wondering if any of these counties are still using any VHF. I know Tompkins and Onondaga still simulcast on 400 for some of it's fire operations but curious as to how much any other services are utilizing simulcast or any VHF-hi.

Any input would be great. Thanks!

RF-Burns

Onondaga - Dispatch still is on UHF but everything else is on the new system.

Tompkins - Dispatch is still on Low Band and the new UHF Freq. I do not believe there is any simulcast on any VHF High or VHF Low band for fire ground channels.

Cayuga - Cayuga County still uses all Low Band and High Freqs with the exception of Auburn City Fire an Police which are now all on the P25 Trunked System. I haven't heard any simulcast from police but Auburn Fire is still dispatched on their old VHF Low Band and VHF High Band freq.

Hope this helps.

Hi all ~ I see that Onondaga, Tompkins and Cayuga have now hopped on the 800 train and I'm wondering if any of these counties are still using any VHF. I know Tompkins and Onondaga still simulcast on 400 for some of it's fire operations but curious as to how much any other services are utilizing simulcast or any VHF-hi.

Any input would be great. Thanks!

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies guys

Here is what I still receive as I don't have my HP1 up and running yet:

Cayuga- 46.10 fire dispatch and 151.4225 sheriff, I read that Cayuga is all 800 but I was hearing the sheriff on the narrow up until a few weeks ago so I don't know if they're still using it or not.

Onondaga- only fire dispatch on 453.85 and SFD on 153.95

Tompkins- fire dispatch on 460.275, IFD on 453.05, and med dispatch/"ops" on 462.975
I think NYSP Ithaca is using both state freqs and the 800 and I believe Cornell is still on their high band.

Status
Not open for further replies.