Central Oregon Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellonwheelz3

Hi all, I live in Central Oregon (Bend) and have been seeing a lot of info about rebanding in the pdx area. Does anyone know or have any info on whether or not central oregon will be rebanding? I would look but i'm still very new and trying to figure this all out. Thanks in advance

Ben

radiotweester

It appears all the freqs for Deschutes County Public Safety, Redmond Public Safety, and Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort are below 861MHz, so I would GUESS that no rebanding will occur.

AdamM312

Your Rebanding Question

Hi Ben .. Nice to know someone is on here that is in Central Oregon. (Bend) I live here in Salem. Rebanding is not something that just came out of the sky, It was a mandate by the FCC that will help communities such as Bend be able to communicate on a wider range of frequencies. This is done in order to allow more Public Safety Agencies to be able to communicate on a more stable information and radio network. I am having the same issue here in Salem. I have found that you can hear most oregon communities here on this page under the link for live audio. I do believe that Central Oregon will soon come online and be mandated by the FCC to "step up" to the new radio broadcast communication services. I hope that answers your question in a way that helps you to understand.. If you have more questions you may contact me.. Here on the Blog.

Adam

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Rebanding =/= Narrowbanding, two completely unrelated topics.

First, the Deschutes 800MHz systems all exist outside of affected REbanding frequencies, so no changes should occur.

That being said, there are several VHF frequencies that will need to undergo "narrowbanding". The deadline for that to occur is Dec 31, 2012.

DickH

... Rebanding is not something that just came out of the sky, It was a mandate by the FCC that will help communities such as Bend be able to communicate on a wider range of frequencies. ...

You are describing NARROW-banding, not RE-banding.

Status
Not open for further replies.