Central Planning District Talkgroup IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill2jb

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't able to find a list on this site that showed which units were linked with which talk group IDs, so I started writing them down myself. If it's not a problem, I'd like to post them here so listeners can have a reference for which units they are listening to by ID. Does anyone see a problem with this? Anyone already have a list compiled?

Thanks

W4UVV

Central Planning District Project 25

FYI The Central Planning District (Bedford, Lynchburg, etc.) was licensed for P25 trs operation a couple of weeks ago. EDACS systems basically will be "dead" in a few years so current EDACS user's days are numbered. In another 2-3 years Harris no longer will install or support them, with possibly an exception or two, so users typically now are converting to a P25 trs before that deadline. That includes the Central Planning District which has decided probably to install a Harris 800 mhz.P25 trs.

As you know when the replacement P25 trs is operational the current EDACS talkgroups will be in a different format with different numbers.

John

hill2jb

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha

Thanks for the update. I had heard from some LFD guys that this was going to happen, but they didn't know when. So is it going to be Phase II equipment?

W4UVV

Time will tell one way or the other

Thanks for the update. I had heard from some LFD guys that this was going to happen, but they didn't know when. So is it going to be Phase II equipment?

Technically I guess it is possible but I doubt it. Phase II (TDMA) functionality typically is one of several FCC mandated requirements for 700 mhz. trs.

The Virginia Region 2000 trs should be a Harris unique P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation data "catch-all" emission. (9K70D1W).

Most P25 trs are Motorola with a smaller number being "pure" or "standard" P25. Harris is a new "player". Hope that the scanners like a Harris trs. P25 is P25 but seeing is believing. Time will tell one way or the other.

Remember Harris Corp. bought out MACOM manufacturer of ProVoice, Open Skies, etc. and could incorporate some technical uniques.

Here's the link for WQTF267:

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQTF267 - VIRGINIA REGION 2000 LOCAL GOVERMENT COUNCIL

John
W4UVV

John

Premium Subscriber
I understand the new system will be P25 Phase II capable but they don't plan to operate in Phase II mode for some time. To switch to Phase II TDMA would require replacement of a large part of the mobile and portable fleet which was not budgeted. Most of their existing radios can be upgraded to support P25 but not Phase II. So I suspect over a few years as they replace equipment with newer models you may see some talkgroups switch to Phase II which of course will require one of the newest scanners.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
CVRCS Phase-1 vs. Phase-2

I understand the new system will be P25 Phase II capable but they don't plan to operate in Phase II mode for some time. To switch to Phase II TDMA would require replacement of a large part of the mobile and portable fleet which was not budgeted. Most of their existing radios can be upgraded to support P25 but not Phase II. So I suspect over a few years as they replace equipment with newer models you may see some talkgroups switch to Phase II which of course will require one of the newest scanners.

Speaking with former coworkers at Harris who are working with this customer, I had the same questions.

From those discussions, here is what is known for sure:

The infrastructure of the new P-25 system WILL support Phase-2 operation.

However, use of Phase-2 will be extremely limited due to limited, due to the lack of funds to purchase either: new Phase-2 capable radios, or the Phase-2 Feature Encryption upgrade (Bit 47) in the terminal radios that are already issued.

If I hear any additional information, I will pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.