Central Towing in Red Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for their current frequency.

I checked FCC and it showed an expired license for 463.4500

Anybody that can help would be much appreciated.

CompuDoc

Did you try programming it in? How close are you to Central Towing?. If you have a scanner with Close Call/Skystalker you could find the frequency.

After that do an FCC license search for the frequency in NJ.

http://www.fcc.gov

then click Wireless communications then license search and then do an advanced search.

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
DSYCUTTER said:
I checked FCC and it showed an expired license for 463.4500

im close enough I should be picking up some radio traffic.

Im wondering if they went with trunked or they are using nextels

CompuDoc

Do any of those scanners you have have a feature called Close Call (Uniden) or Signal Stalker (Radio Shack) because even if they were on a trunked system you could still get the frequencies. While you would have to figure out the talk group and system channel configuration it can be done. It just takes a little work.

If your looking for a scanner that has the Close Call feature the BC246T from Uniden is a good model although it does not have digital capability. You can get it locally for under $250 out the door at IEI in Hazlet.

If you do not have a scanner that has the above features then it could still be figured out but it would take a lot more work. The first thing to do in that case would be to look at the antenna on the trucks and figure out which band it is for. Then do a continuous search of that band.

Now if they are just using all Nextels then as you already know nothing can be done.

By the way. Is Red Bank PD still on 460.300Mhz? I used to be able to hear them in Middletown years ago but no longer do hear them anymore.

BLAZER99

CompuDoc

Yes, Red Bank PD is still on 460.300 PL 107.2. I can pick them up down here in the northern part of Ocean County.

DSYCUTTER

Premium Subscriber
thanx for the help compudoc. I know what the signalstalk/closecall feature is, but I dont have any scanners with that feature, YET!

I will have to work on figuring out there radio system.

Yes Red Bank PD is on 460.300 and when they say go to channel 2 they use monoc disp frequency 462.9500 in simplex mode. I am not sure of the PL.

I use to be a firefighter in town and I got to know alot of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.