Central Virginia Incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I-95 mile post 53 (ruffin mill road) 10-50 with entrapment. Car into guardrail and person is stuck under the dash. Med-Flight is on the ground and they are still working to get the person out. 2 Chesterfield Medic Units; 5 Chesterfield Engines on scene. Chesterfield Battalion 2 is in command.

Edit: Listening to Chesterfield Fire TAC 4 talkgroup on my Pro-96, VSP STARS RIC 1 talkgroup on my Pro-2096, and scanning the conventional VSP frequencies on my Pro-94. Medflight is patched with the fire talkgroup

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Pursuit in Hopewell. Cop (K-9) hit the lights on a car that was stopped in the middle of Buren St. (side road) and the guy took off. The whole chase couldn't have been more than a mile and a half to two miles. They turned onto City Point Road and speeds there reached about 80. Then they headed over to West Broadway, where a second unit quickly joined in. From there onto North 21st to Woodbine back to Victoria in the Bluffs. That is where they bailed. They had 2 in cusody within a minute.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Also earlier tonight (around 20:00) Richmond had a double shooting and a stabbing around the VUU Campus.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Started out as an assult (pistol whipping) at VSU. The VSU PD lit them up on the suspects and they took off. Chesterfield got involved. They crossed into Petersburg and they got involved. Ended up nailing them in Petersburg. Guy that was pistol whipped was taken to SRMC where he started going crazy (said he was drunk.) Had Petersburg and Chesterfield units respond code 3 there. Before they got there though he had left with family and SRMC said he said they were going to go to JRMC. Petersburg notified Hopewell who sent a Sheriff's unit and a Police unit to JRMC. Guy ended up showing back up at VSU. Said he has controlled bleeding. They dispatched out EMS again but ended up canceling that after he refused them. Got a little crazy with everyone involved.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
ABC agents are on Hopewell's TRS right now (PD Dispatch talkgroup currently.) They are working together with the Hopewell PD at a club. I was invited to this "party" they are having. How I understood it that they had a lot of kegs and it was like $20 to get in and all you can drink. I do not believe, coming from a person whos family owns a business with an ABC on license, that you can do that legally. I can also say for sure that they are over capacity and in violation of the fire code. No way with how many cars they had that they could legally fit that many people inside.

They just now radioed that they are going in.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
They are also going to the Elks Lodge in Hopewell doing the same thing. Having a huge party there also. They are having the VSP coming in to assist now. Looks like they are meaning business tonight. Which it's a real good thing because both of these locations are known breeding grounds for trouble.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
Missed the original dispatch for this if there was one but overheard an EMS unit responding to the area of Have a Nice Day Cafe and The Canal Club in Richmond. This was apparently in relation to an explosive device found in the area.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Didnt catch the whole thing but there was a fatal motorcycle accident in Hopewell a little earlier. I was leaving work at noticed medflight circling and a police officer in a wide open parking lot with his overheads on. They ended up landing him at John Randolph instead. Couldn't figure out what was going on but Prince George (Company 5) was manning Hopewell station 2 and Ft. Lee was running EMS calls. On my way home I passed it. The guy was still laid out in the street. I don't know what happened but a van was involved somehow. They just said they are preparing to take the guy to the medical examiners office.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Finding out more and more as I listen. There were two fatalities. A male and a female. Male was DOA and the female died at John Randolph.

Possible Fatal Crash last night at the intersection of Orange Plank Road & Brock Road. Blue Pickup truck w/a 20 yo male wrapped around a tree. FD Company 7 was on scene almost immediately. PT had bleeding from the head and was not breathing. After Extrication was transported to Mary Washington Hospital. Crew Notified the Hosp that PT was still not breathing and CPR was being preformed. Didn't hear anything beyond that.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Domestic in Hopewell. Dispatcher heard the male arguing in the background. Then heard the female (caller) telling him to put the gun down. They rolled several units code 3. Right before they got there the line went dead. Units are now on scene and on call back dispatch is getting the answering machine

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
just dispatched out ems. 2 subjects have been maced. one officer involved.

edit: writing this on the fly. as its happening. right before this happened they had a lady call in saying her house was getting broken into. she was on the 2nd floor. units got there and said they had a front window broken out. as soon as they got her outside this call came in.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
House Fire in Prince George county. Started out as a possiable chimney fire. When the first unit got on location and said single story brick structure heavy smoke showing possiable structure fire. About a minute later got back on with confirmed structure fire. Its been about 15 minutes now and command just got back on and told dispatch to reactivate all responding companies for manpower.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Tones woke me up and now I am up. Structure fire in Hopewell. Two story house on fire. Fire is going up the walls and into the attic. From the time of the call to the time they marked on location it was about 3 to 4 more mins. Not bad response time considering that more than likely they were sleeping.

Edit: Marked under control at 03:08

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Prince George and Hopewell were in pursuit with 14 and 15 year olds joy riding. Started in PG and went into Hopewell back into PG. The unit calling it for Hopewell did about the best job I've ever heard of someone calling a pursuit. Was real calm and said everything slow, loud and clear. The suspects ended up wrecking but it sounded like they were all ok.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
10-50 overturn on 295 southbound right at the 9 mile marker. Other vehicles were involved but with minor injuries suffered. The OT was a SUV and 2 people were ejected. Landed medflight for one of them (watched it land... right next to the bowling center my family runs.) At one point they had Hopewell Medic 31, Hopewell Rescue 33, Hopewell Fire/Rescue Medic 19, Hopewell Fire/Rescue Medic 29, and Prince George Medic 3 on location. At the landing zone they used little cones with yellow strobes in them. First time I've seen them and it seems to be a great idea.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Shooting in Hopewell on Dublin Street. 18 year old male shot in the mouth and arm. EMS just told dispatch to get Medflight in the air.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Didn't hear this one on the scanner. I just witnessed it. Oaklawn Blvd. and Ashland Ave. in Hopewell. Tractor Trailer ran into the traffic signal pole and knocked it down.. Part of one of the lights hit a school bus. No one was hurt in the bus. Truck driver had minor injuries.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Another one. One I've never heard. A small plane has been flying around the city for a while. I've seen it a couple of times. I guess someone called it in. Right now they have an army helicopter (from Ft. Lee) chasing the plane. Never heard an air chase before.

Correction, the FAA advised it was an Air National Guard helicopter and the city is in contact with them, state police, the Army (ft lee), and the FAA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.