Central Virginia Radio Communications System (Project 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

im4jeep

Im trying to program Bedford and Lynchburg Va into my old scanner Uniden bc785d with Butel Arc 250 Basic. Bedford did fine. Cannot seem to get Lyncburg to scan at all. Has this system been updated lately.?
Two differant banks. Control channels do not seem to be the correct highlighted frequencies. Am i missing something here. This is a Edacs Wide system I believe?
Can anyone point me in the right direction.?
Eddie

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I know that Lynchburg is in the process of converting over to a new Project 25 TRS. You may want to program these frequencies as a P25 system and see what you come up with. Let us know what you find?

73's

Ron

John

Premium Subscriber
EDACS Rebanding

Is rebanding necessary for scanning EDACS? Rebanding essentially changes 800MHz channel numbers but since EDACS uses LCNs instead of channel numbers I am not sure it is needed.

I don't have a Uniden scanner that I am using but I am still picking up the system fine on several older scanners that have never been upgraded for rebanding.

Of course when they rebanded several frequencies did change. So if it hasn't been reprogrammed with the new frequencies it probably won't work.

I also believe some of the EDACS frequencies may be offline and being used to test the new P25 system.

John

Drumbum

I know part of the system would work after rebanding, but Lynchburg changed a few frequencys, before I rebanded mine I couldn't get some of them

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Drumbum

25d5067a2b69da998ec986e7487a19cc.jpg

fredva

Feed Provider
The screen shot references Motorola systems but EDACS is different. I was able to use the later version of the PRO-2052 (there were two iterations) to monitor a 9600 baud EDACS system after rebanding by entering the new frequencies.

Drumbum

If it will still work I have them separated by repeater for arc 396. Will they use same save file or does it need converting, if it's the same I can give him the files

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm saying his might work, given that the rebanding problem for those models is only indicated for Motorola systems with certain frequencies, not EDACS. And my scanner is in that list, but works for EDACS96. I have no personal experience with the 785D though, so I can't say for sure.

John

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding and EDACS

This is from the same link referencing rebanding:

Why won't my scanner work after rebanding?

Well, depending on what you listen to, it might work. If you listen to EDACS or LTR (or conventional), you will just need to reprogram the new frequencies and logical channel numbers. However, if you listen to Motorola analog systems (which still comprise the largest number of public safety systems), your scanner will probably not track some or all channels in the system after rebanding.

Drumbum

Well I have the files he wants with them separated by repeater on arc396, will it be a straight conversion to his arc program for his scanner? If not I can make him one with the demo of his version this weekend

W4UVV

The saga continues.....

The saga continues...now Harris has modified its emission type for license WQVP584 to "9K70D1W". Since this particular emission type is not specifically listed in the APCO list, possibly "8K70D1W", which is listed and is one khz less bandwidth used might or might not apply i.e., "P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation ASTRO (9.6 kbps in 12.5 khz. channel space)".

Here's the FCC link for WQVP584:

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQVP584 - VIRGINIA REGION 2000 LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL - Frequencies Summary

Here is the APCO website "Examples of Commonly Observed Emission Designators List" link:

https://www.apcointl.org/spectrum-management/resources/licensing-links/emission-designators.html

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.