• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Centrunk (CTRS) Project 25 VDOC System

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
Are you saying a callsign has to be given on the first transmission? Where is that listed in Part 97?

97.119 A "Each amateur station, except a space station or telecommand station, must transmit its assigned call sign on its transmitting channel at the end of each communication, and at least every 10 minutes during a communication, for the purpose of clearly making the source of the transmissions from the station known to those receiving the transmissions. No station may transmit unidentified communications or signals, or transmit as the station call sign, any call sign not authorized to the station."

The part that I see issues coming from is "No station may transmit unidentified communications or signals"

carcarjg

OpenSky > P25
The P25 protocol is identified as much as D-Star and Fusion are. I don't recall hearing analog CWIDs accompanying those protocols, but I haven't really checked for them either.
All the D* and Fusion rpts near me have CWIDs or Voice IDs. The issue with P25 Trunked in a non-VOC setup is you cant TX voice or CWID without causing an OOR on any SUs

I'm trying to find the text from my research on the subject

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Address = Texas
Ord Name = Centrunk
Freqs = 451.8,451.8125,464.5,464.55
App Type = YK / FB8I(I want to know how this station code will work out)

I think its safe to assume it is.
:cautious:

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't think YK will work for a Itinerant License. It would have to be YG. Itinerant licenses can only be private, not commercial. The station class of FB8I looks legit according to my automated Form 601 software. But I don't think you can us YK or IK for itinerant channels.

celestis

I don't think YK will work for a Itinerant License. It would have to be YG. Itinerant licenses can only be private, not commercial. The station class of FB8I looks legit according to my automated Form 601 software. But I don't think you can us YK or IK for itinerant channels.

Care to enlighten me on this? As I understand it the distinction between PMRS and CMRS hinges on whether a radio service is a) offered to the public b) being resold for profit and c) interconnected to the PSTN

if you answer “no” to any of the 3 prongs it’s PMRS, if you answer “yes” it’s CMRS

RFI-EMI-GUY

Status
Not open for further replies.