CERT training

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Anyone familiar with FEMA's CERT program? Community Emergency Response Team. Looking for a basic training class around the St Louis Area.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Go to the FEMA website and search for a CERT near you, there should be a CERT either in St. Louis or nearby.

You will need to do a good bit of the training online such as IS-317 Introduction to Community Emergency Response Team, and the Incident Command System IS-100 & IS-700 if i remember correctly. After you complete your online training you can schedule your in person drill, where they will go through a variety of things like search and rescue, patient triage, and so on.

FEMA's online courses are free and can be found at Emergency Management Institute - Independent Study (IS) | Course List

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, I completed IS-317 Introduction to CERT. I'll complete IS-100 and 700. The reason I asked my question is none of the communities listed for my area have a trainer or do training anymore. I believe Eureka, MO does and have reached out to them.

Tobydog

Go for all you can get with this program. Worth your time in the end for your community and you. There are Train theTrainer programs out there once you get all the paper. Keep it up and good luck

TJM314

Ilzel keep us posted please, I'm interested in this too in the same area. Just a forewarning, the ICS training is long and a bit dry. I wish I still had m notes because it's a ton of information and it would be helpful to reference. With that in mind, if you have time to take this course slowly, do so and jot down important info. It's hard to really retain that much info in one go.