Certain antenna screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,am looking for those little screws (set screws I think) like the ones that come with Diamond D-130J discone and the Larsen mobile antennas.

Where would I be able to get some of those?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Any hardware store. Just be sure to buy & use stainless steel. They are more expensive, but will not rust.

n5ims

Home Depot may have them as well. They stock stainless in some sizes, but not sure just which ones.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Okay just to make sure here,am talking about those screws that only can be used with a hex key (Allen wrench )

Last edited:

LtDoc

Same answer, try the hardware store. Not all hardware stores are 'equal' so you may have to search more than one.
- 'Doc

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
As others have said, check out your local hardware stores- not the chair big box places but places where people who know hardware work. You would be surprised at all of the little trays and bins of specialty products they carry. Places like Ace would be a likely source.

jim202

Hello all,am looking for those little screws (set screws I think) like the ones that come with Diamond D-130J discone and the Larsen mobile antennas.

Where would I be able to get some of those?

By the way, those are metric set screws. Not all places stock the small metric sizes.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Okay just to make sure here,am talking about those screws that only can be used with a hex key (Allen wrench )

Yes.

StainlessSetScrews.jpg

Search set screw - Grainger Industrial Supply

Grainger has standard & metric. If you don't have a Grainger near by, then Ace Hardware should have what you need. They'll be in a tray/drawer system. Home Depot and Lowe's have them sometimes, but they are typically larger than those used on antennas.

We had a metric ton of set screws at my old job, but I retired and don't have access to that stuff anymore.

GKolo

I need some also but may replace mine with a stainless phillips head screw because i keep losing that stupid little allen wrench.

K

kb0nly

I replaced them with some stainless steel ones from the local farm supply store. If you have something like that check them out. A machine screw, short one, is a good option also. Add a nut and lockwasher below the head on the screw/bolt so you have a way to snug it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.