Cessna 208: High Speed, Low-Level, Window-Rattler

spacellamaman

So this guy has come over twice today, seems to be running a low level race track, and I gotta tell ya, I don't know what to make of it.

N86RF 1985 CESSNA 208 Caravan RANDIGO LLC

Nearly perfect straight lines, keeps altitude between 500-1000 ft, no major variation in speed, no landing, and covering the same ground. To you flyers out there is this some sort of pre-purchase check-out? I can't figure out what they would be doing otherwise.

And the reason I said window-rattler, is they ain't lollygagging, each time he came over, I jumped when I heard it, inside my house, as it was so sudden, and my windows rattled. I heard the pilot contact KVUJ tower each time, but wasn't paying attention to anything that was said as I wasn't expecting anything interesting each time. Anyone in the likely flight path ought to listen on 122.7, 122.8, 122.9 or whatever common GA CTAF freq is used in your area, and see if anything mentioned gives any clue.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Randingo LLC is the registered owner of a Cessna 208B aircraft, which is used for aerial surveying, advertising, agriculture, and pest control. The aircraft was manufactured in 1993 and is registered to Randingo LLC at 3200 Kirkwood Hwy #1093, Wilmington, Delaware, New Castle County, 19808-6153. From Flightradar 24 and Google search

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
As a former Caravan driver I can say with some authority that this is the first time I've ever seen "Cessna 208" and "High Speed" appearing together in the same sentence.
I was thinking the same thing. I am actually going to an airshow at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, this weerkend. They will have F/A-18s, F-22s n' F-35s. All can go 'high speed'(Mach 1+). But not a Cessna.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
is there a gas pipeline near there? could be pipeline patrol

reconrider8

I was thinking the same thing. I am actually going to an airshow at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, this weerkend. They will have F/A-18s, F-22s n' F-35s. All can go 'high speed'(Mach 1+). But not a Cessna.
See if you can get any squadron freqs while your there