CFD Apparatus status

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Saw that ambulance but with Siksika Nation livery on it yesterday parked infront of Foothills Hospital. Same lights same year and truck.

Also, does anyone know when the new Station 3 in inglewood will be fully finished by? Drove by the site and its flat land right now.

ENGINE_4

A Request for proposal went out June of 2020 for Station 3 (this is kind of the initial step) I have not heard of anything going lately with it. I think were likely to see the new Station 17 built and running before Station 3 and the new Station 1 are built and running, which will probably be a few years from now. the RFP for Station 3 is here - City of Calgary - Abstract - 20-1528 - Development of a Fire Station Within a Mixed-Use Development in Inglewood

From the fire at the bank in the north-east on Saturday - the news video attached shows Aerials 23 and 6 on scene and operating. Does anyone know if a third Aerial was on scene? First Calgary Financial building ‘unstable’ after considerable damage in large blaze: fire department

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Oh wow.. I didn't even know a new Station 1 was planned lol, where exactly are they planning to put it if they even started a proper discussion/proposal for it yet? As for other aerials, I think if I'm not mistaken, Aerial 1 was also on that call I believe.

ENGINE_4

Usually from CFD annual reports and those sort of things that are published by the department. You might have to do some digging on Google for them

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Thank you for the info. Another question, is there any good photo albums aside from Jr's awesome album on the fire wiki, that have photos of CFD from the early 2000s (2010 and before)?

I'd love to see some since it really strikes my interest to see CFD history.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Hey guys sorry for the constant spam, but from what I've looked into/been told, the Big Bronto rests in Station 31 right now. If anyone can confirm/deny that'd be great

Also, I think we all should appreciate the YouTuber by the name of "Ty" as he just uploaded a crap ton of old(?) videos, including of the old Lime Green Calgary Hazmat truck driving out of the station. This'll be all for me for now lol, I won't spam the thread.

Ty's YouTube Channel

ENGINE_4

It's not spam if you are providing details of where the apparatus are residing. That is why people read this thread.
Exactly! Its not spam Ghostpolice24, ask away

Aerial 31 is running one of the 2004 Baby Bronto's.. maybe someone confused it for big bertha.
19 Hazmat moved to 39, South Chief might be running out of 19 now? not confirmed though
35 Tender using a Spare Engine
35 Hazmat Recovery looks to be stationed at 16 again

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Turnout for the Sage Hill grass fire so far as of today;

Bush Buggy 23, Bush Buggy 31(?), Bush Buggy 17, West District Chief, Tender 35, Tender 25, Engine 38, Engine 27, Engine 7, Engine 34, Engine 21, FRP 7, Engine 40, North District Chief and Engine 34.

This is what I have so far for trucks on scene of the Sage Hill Grass Fire.

Another fire somewhere in 12's area as well units on scene;
Engine 12, Engine 22, Rescue 12, Hazmat 4, Engine 23, Aerial ??(Possibly 32 or 1 as A23 is out of service due to the Bush Buggy being out), Central District Chief, High Rise 2, FRP 20.

If I get anything else I'll update. Some of these are just estimations given by the amount of units in the city, and the units that are closest that may not have went to the grass fire. Some info/apparatus on scene may not be correct, so, just a fair warning.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Yep. I also want to add regarding my last post; The structure fire 12 was at was happening WHILE the grass fire was on going, so they were throwing trucks as primaries to several different stations, the only trucks I know for a fact that were substituting at stations were:
Engine 38 >Station 10
Engine 60 > Station 40 (If I heard correctly, this is the one I wasn't 100% sure of when listening)

ENGINE_4

Engine 36 and 28 were for sure on the Sage Hill grass fire yesterday. Sounds like a couple Engines were committed to structural protection at one point. Currently there is another grass fire going at 144 Ave and Shaganappi Trail and hot stop issues at the grass fire from yesterday.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Engine 36 and 28 were for sure on the Sage Hill grass fire yesterday. Sounds like a couple Engines were committed to structural protection at one point. Currently there is another grass fire going at 144 Ave and Shaganappi Trail and hot stop issues at the grass fire from yesterday.
Oh yeah, I have no doubt, I heard on the news over 28 CFD Rigs were there, so I for sure missed a few.

ENGINE_4

That's not totally accurate. Both the grass fire and house fire responses were grouped together.. so about 16-18 units for the grass fire, 10-12 units on the structure fire

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Structure Fire turnout for the fire 3815 Bonnybrook Road SE today [the day this comment was posted]

Engine 16, Engine 9, Engine 11, Technical Rescue 11, Aerial 1, Aerial 23, Hazmat 4, Air Light 4, FRP 20, Central District Chief, another District Chief, unknown which one exactly, possibly South Chief. Was a small commercial warehouse fire.

ENGINE_4

Ghostpolice24, do you know if command requested an extra Aerial? Maybe they needed some extra saws or utilized the second Aerial as a work platform/escape route - it is a peaked roof on that building after all

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Ghostpolice24, do you know if command requested an extra Aerial? Maybe they needed some extra saws or utilized the second Aerial as a work platform/escape route - it is a peaked roof on that building after all

Most likely utilized it as a escape route, upon Engine 16, Engine 9, and Aerial 1's arrival. All three crews reported fire/smoke showing from different ends of the warehouse, it's also possible they just needed extra equipment.

I didn't hear the Command actually ask over radio for a second Aerial, it might've been attached in the initial tone out. Aerial 1 was cleared relatively soon after they started controlling the fire, and Aerial 23 remained there to assist and as Fire Watch afterwards.