CFD Apparatus status

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Fire Station 45 opened this morning at 0700. CFD now has 49 frontline engines.

I also noticed Tower 25 A1406 sitting at the shops last week and saw it had an orange paper on its windshield. Has CFD finally decided to retire the old girl?

RP201

I saw a picture on Instagram of the temporary station 45. The are in mobile office trailers and a half moon cover all type thing. The article didn’t say where this set up is located.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
From what I've heard Tower 2,5 and as of one day ago Tower 31's mini Broncos are retiring.
I'm heading to 31 to check if A0406 is still there. Maybe 31 is gonna get one of new Pierce Towers.

Just dropped by 31. A0406 (The Mini bronto) is still there.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Disaster Alley will make a comeback this May? (it's been canceled during COVID)
There will be an event hosted at McMahon Stadium this May but it won't be Disaster Alley. It's gonna be the Beacons Of Hope ceremony hosted by CPS showcasing what they do.
CFD and AHS will also be there and there will probably be a parade at the end.

It will be hosted Saturday May 13th from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Hey Lads, been a while. I was looking at the Fire Wiki and since when did Calgary order an additional 4 Ladders (bringing the number of Ladders on order to six) to replace the current Rescues? I know the Rescues would be replaced, but I thought the current 2011 Quints would be replaced before the Rescues.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Hey Lads, been a while. I was looking at the Fire Wiki and since when did Calgary order an additional 4 Ladders (bringing the number of Ladders on order to six) to replace the current Rescues? I know the Rescues would be replaced, but I thought the current 2011 Quints would be replaced before the Rescues.
Based off of all the news releases and the contract with Pierce, CFD wants to get moving on converting the Rescues to Ladders. The 2011 Quints should be/start to be looked at getting replaced, I remember CFD switching there front line apparatus life expectance for Aerials from 20 years, down to 10 or 12 years of front line service and then 1-2 years as spares.

Either way, 21 new Ladder trucks are coming in with this contract - 3 Towers, 4 RM's (Replacing Ladder 1, 3-08/09 stock Ladders) on the original order, 6 to convert from Rescues to Ladders, 8 to replace the Quints

Does anyone have any insight to the CFD response to the chlorine leak in Redwood Meadows this afternoon?
CFD is a regional Hazmat team/task force and it sounded like this might have been a decontamination and containment type of call.

I'm curious if they would sent a full Hazmat station response like 17E,17L,17H w/ District Chief, Haztech and a Pod truck with a Hazmat pod roll off?

After watching Global News, 17H, 39H, 4E, 7FRP and DC6? were on scene

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Looking at photos it appeared that HazMat 17 itself was the only CFD HazMat piece on scene.
After doing some asking around around 2 CFD HazMats (17 and probably 4) DC4, and an engine (Probably 17 or 35 if it wasn't part of the Hazmat Task Force)

That's what went to Redwood's chlorine spill.

RP201

Good morning,

I was looking at some footage of the Hazmat job in Redwood. Looks like Haz 17 and 39 (running a spare), an FPR (probably 20) and a couple engines. I didn’t see any sticks.

They had decontamination set up and crews were going through the shower.

I didn’t see any sign of Hazmat pods or a roll off truck.

JABoomer

There will be an event hosted at McMahon Stadium this May but it won't be Disaster Alley. It's gonna be the Beacons Of Hope ceremony hosted by CPS showcasing what they do.
CFD and AHS will also be there and there will probably be a parade at the end.

It will be hosted Saturday May 13th from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
Any word on what CFD assets might be making an appearance at the Beacons of Hope event?

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
I've got nothing. CFD didn't showcase anything the last time other than the parade. Maybe it could be different this year I don't know for sure.

Side note: Did some digging and I believe one of the fleet numbers for one of the new towers is TW0223 guessing the other two are TW0123 and TW0323.

And no, I do not know what the fleet number is for the new ascendant 107' ladder.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Just confirmed that the fleet number for one of the new towers is indeed TW0223, the others are most likely the ones I stated earlier (Someone update the wiki)

JABoomer

I've got nothing. CFD didn't showcase anything the last time other than the parade. Maybe it could be different this year I don't know for sure.
Well that's disappointing. Disaster Alley was a lot of fun with the fire apparatus on display. Police cruisers are much less interesting, haha.

RP201

I saw one of the new Towers driving through Ramsay yesterday. It looked to be heading towards the city yard. I didn’t get the fleet number.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
I've been given some info about Beacons of Hope tomorrow. It's unknown if CFD will show off A LOT of their rigs, but they will likely be there to show off a couple rigs such as an Engine and another rig of some sort [POSSIBLY a Hazmat or a Tech Rescue].

There's gonna be a parade at the end that'll be featuring CPS, CFD, AHS, Peace Officers and POSSIBLY Alberta Sheriffs.
I've learned that during the real dry times of the summer [when there's a higher risk of grass fires] 2 Bush Buggies [mainly 8 and 23] are fully staffed and operational during these times [They also run Medicals IF ALL other rigs in their hall are out, including the Ladders]

Also, I figured when I can I'll try to update here on the Spare rigs around the city if I know of any (mostly for the ones who wanna either take photos, videos or just are curious what spare rigs are where, I'll try to actually add the proper truck info when I can).

Engine 14 - Spare 2010 rig
Ladder 23 - Spare 2008 single axle Pierce
Tech Rescue 10 - Spare 2008? Spartan Rescue
FRP20 - Spare 2013 Tahoe
FRP7 - Spare [unknown rig]
Engine 12 - Spare 2010 rig
Tower 31 - Spare rig of some sort supposedly [this ones info so unsure on accuracy]

That's all I know of currently, likely missed a few.

JABoomer

I've been given some info about Beacons of Hope tomorrow. It's unknown if CFD will show off A LOT of their rigs, but they will likely be there to show off a couple rigs such as an Engine and another rig of some sort [POSSIBLY a Hazmat or a Tech Rescue].

There's gonna be a parade at the end that'll be featuring CPS, CFD, AHS, Peace Officers and POSSIBLY Alberta Sheriffs.
Interesting. If anyone can confirm that there are a few CFD apparatus at the event today, I would sure appreciate it.

I'm confused about this parade, as it's not on the schedule of events. What time is it and what is the route?