CFD Apparatus status

ENGINE_4

Also, has anyone heard or seen any new pumps on any of the new Bush Buggies? There was a RFI/tender that went out in the summer to replace the Rosenbauer UHPS skid units on the trucks.

Hopefully the new tender trucks are in town and in service before the spring

RP201

Four towers would be great, one in each quarter.

Anywhere you go, these articulating towers are incredibly expensive. The up front cost is in the millions, then the training, the regular maintenance and so on. This is why Montreal runs a pair of T-Rex units in front line and two as spares. Toronto Fire also has two (not including Tower 1) bronto’s in front line service and two spares. Other than the “up and over” reach, many cities get by fine with buckets on sticks. FDNY has had great success with there fleet of aerialscopes. Personally, I wish CFD had ordered mid mounts platforms, but that’s only because I think they look cool.

I can see Tech Rescue 11 replacing the support unit at 10. The tandem rescue is a really nice rig with tons of storage.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Dropped by 31 today and confirmed that they are running a spare. They are using Q0908 (The single axle Arrow XT) as their spare. Also saw EMS parked in bay 3 which is something I haven't seen at 31 for a while now.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Is a MRU still going to Station 6? I Imagine the Aerial would move to station 2? The MRU crew would cover the aquatics until the program starts up in may and separate crew staffs it
If I had to take a guess about an MRU at 6, if it is happening what's gonna get moved from 6 for it? Surely there's not enough room..

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
From what I've seen 6 has a massive bay floor and can fit another Engine behind 6E and a SUV or pickup truck behind 6A. I think they could have more than enough space in 6 for an MRU. I'm still a bit skeptical on 6 getting an MRU when stations on the East side like 12 or 22 need one more.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like CFD may have changed the designations for the District Chiefs. The last few days, I have been hearing them use, for example, "DC 3" instead of the old geographic-based call signs.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
The new Towers and Crash truck look incredible! Anyone know where the three Towers will be headed? I was thinking 19, 25, and 31.

RP201

The new towers and crash truck look incredible! Anyone know where the 3 towers will be headed? I was thinking 19, 25, and 31.
If I were a betting man, I’d say one will be in the North, South and finally somewhere central. CFD brass may decide to move things around.

What’s with the crash truck? Obviously going to an airport.

Stay warm today.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
If I were a betting man, I’d say one will be in the North, South and finally somewhere central. CFD brass may decide to move things around.

What’s with the crash truck? Obviously going to an airport.

Stay warm today.
Maybe one at 23, one at 31 or somewhere else up north and one somewhere south probably 19 but anything could happen. Stay warm.

Also, according to a source, CFD will be switching from Aerial to Tower and Ladder as of tomorrow.
Has the change happened today? I haven't had any chance to listen to the scanner today.

ENGINE_4

The Towers have come in pretty fast! I cant wait to see them. Engine 20 has a new(er) Spartan/Smeal Engine. I wasn't able to see the fleet number.. Tender 25 was running with the 2002 Sterling/Fort Garry truck a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get back to 25 to see if they are/will run the '88 Superior again - hopefully the new Tenders will be in soon!!

I guess YYC will be keeping the yellow colour scheme and maybe Red 5 as well?

For where the new Towers could go - CFD originally has the baby Bronto's in 12 and 17. 23 is more central to 12.. 17 is pretty central for the North, but will see what happens, 40 could be a good place too, or keep it in 31

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
The Towers have come in pretty fast! I cant wait to see them. Engine 20 has a new(er) Spartan/Smeal Engine. I wasn't able to see the fleet number.. Tender 25 was running with the 2002 Sterling/Fort Garry truck a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get back to 25 to see if they are/will run the '88 Superior again - hopefully the new Tenders will be in soon!!

For where the new Towers could go - CFD originally has the baby Bronto's in 12 and 17. 23 is more central to 12.. 17 is pretty central for the North, but will see what happens, 40 could be a good place too, or keep it in 31
I saw Tender 25 parked at that fatal house fire in 31's area last week alongside I1 and CPS and Tender 25 was running the 1988 Superior. I don't think 12 is gonna get a new tower because they already have 12R and the east side needs that rescue coverage. I think one might go to 31 because one at 40 just defeats the point of L34 covering that area. 17 is always a possibility.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Has the change happened today? I haven't had any chance to listen to the scanner today.
Seems to be a gradual change. I've heard both aerial and ladder used. It will most likely take some time for these new designations to be common use as captains etc., are used to using aerial.

Has anyone spotted the DC's with the new designations yet? I have been trying to figure out which is where. I've heard up to DC 5 on the scanner. Just not sure which number replaced which unit. I did hear Engine 4 ask to have DC 5 notified that they would need coverage at the hall so perhaps East Chief has become DC 5.

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber

Is there a possibility that Engine 20 got E4519, the ex-Engine 2?

JABoomer

Does anyone know if Disaster Alley will make a comeback this May? (it's been canceled during COVID)

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys. Any idea what happened to 12E? It's been running a spare since December and when I took a look at the Wiki, it showed that it's rotating/running 20's old Engine. Any idea what's up?

I've also noticed that 1E has also been running a spare for a bit now. Since mid January, I believe.