CFD Apparatus status

ENGINE_4

I think Airlight 4 or Hazmat 4 is running R0307 right now. The FRP's are out of service a lot :cry:

Does anyone know of the summer boat program staffing? Boat Tow 6 used to be staffed from May to September or October. I wonder if anything has changed in recent years?

RP201

I was at a fire a few weeks back and A/L 4 was running a spare rescue. The current A/L is looking rather long in the tooth, the same could be said for those old ambulances the FRPs are running. I wonder what the city has in store for those units in the future?

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
I think Airlight 4 or Hazmat 4 is running R0307 right now. The FRP's are out of service a lot :cry:

Does anyone know of the summer boat program staffing? Boat Tow 6 used to be staffed from May to September or October. I wonder if anything has changed in recent years
I saw FRP 7 responding down 4th St NW and it was the Main. Also Boat Tow 6 will be staffed full time by a firefighter and a Lieutenant starting in the May long weekend.

JABoomer

I wonder what the city has in store for those units in the future?
My favorite topic! For a city like Calgary my fleet plan would be (assuming 40 stations):

-40 Engines
40 - Engines.jpg
-16 Chief Vehicles
16 - Chief Vehicle.jpg
-8 Towers
8 - Towers.png
-5 Rescues
5 - Rescues.jpg
-4 Ladders
4 - Ladders.jpg
-4 Interface Engines
4 - Interface Engines.jpg
-4 HAZMATs
4 - HAZMATs.jpg
-3 Water Rescues and 4 Squads
3 - Water Rescue, 4 - Squad (spares for Engine outages).jpg
-3 Tankers / Industrial Pumpers
3 - Tankers-Industrial Pumper.jpg
-1 Command, 1 HAZMAT Support, 1 Rescue Support, 2 Fire Support, 2 FRP/RAC, and 3 Air/Light
1 - Command, 1 - HAZMAT Support, 1 - Rescue Support, 2 - Fire Support, 2 - FRP-RAC, 3 - Air-Li...jpg

-The Tankers and Interface Engines would be cross staffed with the Engine in the same station.
-If an Engines goes down for maintenance, the station gets a Squad and a Tanker or Interface Engine. The crew takes the Tanker/Interface for fire/unknown calls, any other type of call and they roll out in the Squad (with medic, rescue, and HAZMAT gear onboard).
-The Water Rescues staff up with city water use.

I know this will never happen (based on their current fleet and future plans), but it's fun. What's your fleet plan?

RP201

My favorite topic! For a city like Calgary my fleet plan would be (assuming 40 stations):

-40 Engines
View attachment 141948
-16 Chief Vehicles
View attachment 141949
-8 Towers
View attachment 141950
-5 Rescues
View attachment 141951
-4 Ladders
View attachment 141952
-4 Interface Engines
View attachment 141953
-4 HAZMATs
View attachment 141954
-3 Water Rescues and 4 Squads
View attachment 141955
-3 Tankers / Industrial Pumpers
View attachment 141956
-1 Command, 1 HAZMAT Support, 1 Rescue Support, 2 Fire Support, 2 FRP/RAC, and 3 Air/Light
View attachment 141957

-The Tankers and Interface Engines would be cross staffed with the Engine in the same station.
-If an Engines goes down for maintenance, the station gets a Squad and a Tanker or Interface Engine. The crew takes the Tanker/Interface for fire/unknown calls, any other type of call and they roll out in the Squad (with medic, rescue, and HAZMAT gear onboard).
-The Water Rescues staff up with city water use.

I know this will never happen (based on their current fleet and future plans), but it's fun. What's your fleet plan?
These sorts of things are great fun, it’s like fantasy football!

I would like to see each quadrant of this city have its own: Tower, Rescue, Air Light/High Rise RAC unit, HazMat and at least two DC's.
I would also like to see water rescue and the second Engine Houses be enhanced Squads. I also believe 50% of stations should have a ladder.

Just my thoughts.

JABoomer

Did a little more thinking on my proposed fleet plan for the current CFD (43 stations):

43 Engines
-One per station, permanently staffed
-Custom chassis, top-mount enclosed pump panel, 5 seats
-Features: pump, tank, hose, ladders, foam, monitor, limited rescue/medic/HAZMAT equipment
-First apparatus out for any call
-Primary role: fire suppression
40 - Engines.jpg

14 Trucks
-Stationed around built-up areas, permanently staffed
-Custom tandem chassis, short wheelbase, 6 seats
-Features: 100' tower platform, dry aerial, ladders, fire fighting equipment
-Called out to building fires and technical rescues
-Primary roles: master stream, house search, ventilation, ladder assisted rescue
13 - Towers.jpg

5 Rescues
-One per district, permanently staffed
-Custom chassis, 5 seats
-Features: rescue/medic equipment, limited HAZMAT equipment, small command space
-Called out for rescue/medic calls and building fires
-Primary roles: rescue, MVIs, RIT
5 - Rescues.jpg

4 HAZMATs
-One per quadrant, permanently staffed
-Custom chassis, walk-in body, 4 seats
Features: HAZMAT equipment, laboratory, air sampling, small office
-Called out for HAZMAT calls
-Primary roles: HAZMAT identification/neutralization
4 - HAZMATs.jpg

4 Interface Engines
-One per quadrant - on the outskirts, cross staffed with Engine at same station
-Commercial chassis, 4 seats
-Features: pump, tank, hose, foam, monitors, spray nozzles
-Called out for vehicle, grass, garbage fires
-Primary role: wildland/interface fire suppression
4 - Interface Engines.jpg

3 Tankers
-Stationed near industrial areas, cross staffed with Engine at same station
-Commercial tandem chassis, 2 seats
-Features: tank, tank, foam, hose, monitor
-Called out for grass and industrial fires
-Primary role: tanker / industrial pumper
3 - Tankers-Industrial Pumper.jpg

3 Air/Lights
-Spread throughout city, cross staffed with other station apparatus/personnel
-Commercial chassis, 2 seats
-Features: spare air bottles, air compressor and bottle fill station, lights, light towers, generator, air and power reels
-Called out for any major incident
2 Fire Supports
-Features: equipment in mobile totes for fire fighting, forced entry, ventilation, and salvage
-Called out to any major fire
2 FRP/RACs
-Features: medical/rest room, washroom, heaters/fans, tents/tables/chairs, food/water, fridge/microwave
1 Rescue Support
-Commercial chassis, 2 seats, cross staffed with other station apparatus/personnel
-Features: technical/heavy rescue equipment
-Called out to any technical/heavy rescue
1 HAZMAT Support
-Commercial chassis, 2 seats, cross staffed with other station apparatus/personnel
-Features: carry-away and denomination equipment
-Called out to any major HAZMAT incident
1 Command
-Features: communication equipment, urban search and rescue / command and control facilities
1 - Command, 1 - HAZMAT Support, 1 - Rescue Support, 2 - Fire Support, 2 - FRP-RAC, 3 - Air-Li...jpg

4 Squads
-Stationed around downtown, not staffed, deployed as required
-Features: same rescue/medic/HAZMAT equipment as an engine
-If an Engines goes down for maintenance, the station gets a Squad AND a Tanker or Interface Engine. The crew will take the Tanker/Interface for fire/unknown calls, any other call and they roll out in the Squad
-Can be deployed for medical calls by the downtown stations
3 Water Rescues
-Stationed near waterways, permanently staffed
-Features: water/ice rescue/medic equipment, towed boat, inflatable boat
3 - Water Rescue, 4 - Squad (spares for Engine outages).jpg

16 Chiefs
-Chief, two deputies, five districts, four assistants - personnel, training, apparatus, facilities, plus spares
-Commercial chassis, Whaling Command Access Vehicle, 4 seats
-Features: command/control/communications equipment, PPE
16 - Chief Vehicle.jpg

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, decided to post this here because why not?
18E is still running a spare. E2210 I believe, and from what the driver told me,18E will be running as a spare for a couple months now. A0406 is still kicking as 31TWR. Also 31BB is running the Special Events Unit as a spare right now. That's all the minor updates I have for now, Peace!

255-Jacobs

Premium Subscriber
Hey Lads. Just a mini update. Tender 21 is now running (T0288) - 1988 International S2674 tandem / 1996 Superior. At least I can get it easier now, seeing as 21T goes out a fair bit.

ENGINE_4

Sounds like the Tenders are getting a lot more calls. 1 of the new Towers is in Station 33, probably just there for training though

ENGINE_4

My thoughts exactly. The potential special calls for the Tower would be going east and south a fair bit. It would be great to have one out west next to Stoney Trail, but I think that would be a lot of km's getting racked up on that truck.

On the flip side though with 21 Ladders being in service by 2026-ish, 33, 29 or a new station further west would probably be getting a Ladder. It is going to be quite interesting in the next two years to see all the new movements and trucks coming on line