CFD Apparatus status

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't know what they would replace anything with, or if they would replace anything.

28 Station currently has a pump and two EMS units. They likely have spare apparatus there as well - lots of spare trucks are kept in various halls.

28 used to have a tank and a bush buggy (the bush buggy shared by half the pump crew).

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
i have a question, if #9 heavy goes down for repair or some thing like that, which rig would be the spare?

Jay911

Feed Provider
They'll take one of the spare emergencies and use it. Obviously it can't carry all the stuff that the Heavy has, so the rest of the equipment is often "downloaded" and left in the hall.

In extreme cases, if for example 9HR is going to be out of service for a long, long time, they might acquire a box/van truck (either from the city, CFD, or by rental), and load the extra stuff in there - to respond cold obviously, to HR/CSR/EXP calls.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I would bet that the parking lot of 16 Shop being jammed with rigs kind of helps drive the point home (excuse the pun).

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
well like Mr. Velvet said, atleast the city isn't trying to fight this bill, there actully trying to get it through so CFD can get newer and better rigs

and is the decom. trailer still in #30?

MrVelvet

They need to do something quick, I heard them dispatch 8 aerial to a call in the deep south, (actually 2 calls)...talk about a delayed response.

Did the 14 aerial spare go down as well? I heard 13 BB crew head to 16 to pick up 19 aerial that they switched over to 14 aerial....I know, I was confused for a minute as well. :D

Jay911

Feed Provider
I'm on vacation/days off right now, and I don't have a radio with me, so I don't know what the status is of things.

14 Aerial may have been put away now that 19 is back in service. It came back from Red Deer last week. IMO, if 19's up, and 25 remains in service, you're just as well to have the normal aerial run out of 24 (even if in a spare) as you are to have one in 14.

Yes the decon truck & trailer is still in 30. If you are lucky you can see them take it out for a rip on Sunday mornings to prevent the tires from going square. :D

Now that 27 Pump is running out of 13, Red 6 has been put off duty and the crew dispersed elsewhere. (Technically, since they are airport trained, the crew was transferred onto 27 Pump, and two of 27's were sent to other stations, but whatever). 13 Bush Buggy is gone and probably won't be back to 13 any time soon - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets recycled as a bush buggy elsewhere in the city or put to auction.

Word is now that 33's opening has been delayed until October; the construction guys had finished the cement job on the apron yesterday and were pouring asphalt for the parking lot, when I went by.

35 is reported to be pushed back to Fall 2009.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
well thanks guy's, i could see 13bb be put up for auction.

what kind of truck is pullin the decom. trailer?, ford super duty?, something bigger?

, thanks

Jay911

Feed Provider
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might be a GMC C-series i.e. TopKick medium duty.

It used to be a heavy duty GMC 4x4 pickup chassis but the thing kept self-destructing.

I haven't seen it in years and years, personally..

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
well a TopKick would make sense =D, thanks Jay

ka so when there is a working fire response who would work the RIT, the Emerg. on scene or, another crew???

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
so what your saying is that a working fire response would consist of 3 pumps, 1 aerial, 1 emerg.,

and 1 district chief. And the third pump would be a 4 man crew that would get there extra equippiment,

RIT, etc... out and stant by?

Jay911

Feed Provider
That sounds about right. Furthermore you are often getting a second chief on all confirmed fires now as a safety officer. Hospital zones and nursing homes also get multiple extra rigs, to the point of having 3P 2A 1E 1DC.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
is there an Emerg. back at #14, or #26?, i am woundering because there was a working fire in somerset,

and a vehicle Extrication yesterday at James McKevitt Road SW and Spruce Meadows Trail (22X) and

unless there is an Emerg. at one of those stations the closes would have to come from #20th, so really my

question when is there going to be a seventh Emerg. comin in?

thanks

Jay911

Feed Provider
I don't know if 14 was returned to 14 yet, I'm on vacation. If you're not hearing 31 any more, the odds are good.

26 has an emerg full time now.

I don't think they have announced any plans for a new emerg at this time.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
well i was deeply confused so i did some research and found that there are 7 emerg.'s in the city (if

your counting #9 heavy) so it would make a lot of sense to keep an emerg. at #31 because there is 1

at #20, #14, and #26 so take out 14 maybe and put it up to #31, and unfortunately also i don't actully

have a scanner, so i just run of this and the citys incident reports