CFD Apparatus status

technocardy

The new rescues are rolling out! Was just driving home (Sat May 19 approx 8:00 pm) from walking my dog in Fish Creek and saw Rescue 26 returning to their station with a NEW rescue.

Got full 2 station responding earlier today and 2 still had their old rescue.

ENGINE_4

The new rescues are rolling out! Was just driving home (Sat May 19 approx 8:00 pm) from walking my dog in Fish Creek and saw Rescue 26 returning to their station with a NEW rescue.

Got full 2 station responding earlier today and 2 still had their old rescue.

I was at the shops on Friday, they said the first of the 6 new Rescues (5 replacements, 1 for growth) would start arriving next week. Did Rescue 26 have a Canadian Flag decales on the top of the body? That is a 2011 Rescue one of the last batch of Rescues.

ENGINE_4

Just delivered, this is Engine 42 (6017) It literally had the new truck smell in the cab and cabinets! It will go into service in the next couple of weeks once Station 42 is finally finished. There are a few Smeal Engines still to be delivered, they will likely replace the extra Engines (Squads) 47,48,49,50. Maybe CFD will add a 6th Extra Engine....?

Rescues will start to trickle in, first Rescue this week!

CFD is also starting to look at replacing Tenders

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Sick updates. Also, Rat Rail is STILL in service, just not used and it's at Fire Hall 11. I was on a tour there with my friends today, and saw it.

ENGINE_4

Sick updates. Also, Rat Rail is STILL in service, just not used and it's at Fire Hall 11. I was on a tour there with my friends today, and saw it.

Got any pictures!?!? I have not seen the Rat Rail unit in years.

MrVelvet, the only picture I have seen was on SVI's Facebook page - 2 CFD rescues were in the background of a picture. The decals are very similar to the new Engines, same body shape as the older Rescues. I would imagine some of the compartments will have changed a bit.

Is there still a Aerial in Stations 27 and 32??

StolenLemur

Premium Subscriber
Just delivered, this is Engine 42 (6017) It literally had the new truck smell in the cab and cabinets! It will go into service in the next couple of weeks once Station 42 is finally finished. There are a few Smeal Engines still to be delivered, they will likely replace the extra Engines (Squads) 47,48,49,50. Maybe CFD will add a 6th Extra Engine....?

Rescues will start to trickle in, first Rescue this week!

CFD is also starting to look at replacing Tenders

Love the truck. Too bad they're using the new red Calgary branding instead of your CFD logo. I work for Waste and Recycling. Anything looks ok on a garbage truck but they shouldn't have messed with your guy's brand.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Got any pictures!?!? I have not seen the Rat Rail unit in years.

MrVelvet, the only picture I have seen was on SVI's Facebook page - 2 CFD rescues were in the background of a picture. The decals are very similar to the new Engines, same body shape as the older Rescues. I would imagine some of the compartments will have changed a bit.

Is there still a Aerial in Stations 27 and 32??
For the pics, I'll scoop one from my friend it'll be in the background but yeah.

As for A27, they're still in service while A32 isn't at 32.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Ones apparently in Victoria BC too..

The BC Fire Expo is on this week in the Capital. It's common practice for truck manufacturers to show off recently-delivered rigs at these shows - my agency has had an engine and a rescue in the past few years that took a detour to Red Deer, Lethbridge, etc., before coming home.

rjgillies

Good video. Reading I've learned it went to a second alarm. I saw E40 and a quint as L18 as part of the first and what might have been a rescue.

E31 backs into the scene at about the 20 minute mark. Any idea what the complete response was?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The truck you get a very quick glimpse of near the end is 38 Engine. The identification cards that are on all four sides of the apparatus (10" x 10" with their station number) are color-coded to identify their role. In this video you see red background for engines and green for aerials. I don't remember the other colors off hand and a Google search hasn't helped (IIRC it's a national standard). From previous posts in this thread, it looks like hazmats (and the decon) are orange, and the rescues are blue. I've seen some administrative vehicles and other miscellaneous stuff (investigators and FRPs) are white backgrounds.

rjgillies

Thanks Jay

Did some further watching of other video footage and I think the count was two engines, aerial, district chief and rescue on the first alarm. Two more engines, a second district chief and what I think was an air/light unit were on the second.

Unsure of CFD dispatch protocols ad was curious

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ENGINE_4

If i'm not mistaken, CFD will deploy:

-First Alarm: 2 Engines, 1 Aerial, 1 Rescue

-Working fire: 1 Engine (Safety Engine), 2 District Chiefs, 1 Hazmat, 1 FRP Medic, Air/Light or the High Rise unit (depending on where it is in the city/availability) 1 Investigator

-Second Alarm: 2 Engines, 1 Aerial, Deputy Chief

ETC....

The video of the fire in Coventry Hills.. Looks like 18 Aerial & 31 Rescue made it in first, stretched a line off the Aerial and started hitting the fire while the Aerial was getting set up and either a primary search or 360/utility check was being conducted. Engine 40 came in as the first due Engine and supplied 18 Aerial while Engine 38 looked to be 2nd due. Engine 31,27,18 and Aerial 27 were on other calls perhaps?

Looks like the Decon truck is being kept at shops again.. Station 4 must staff it when they need it
Does anyone know if Engine 30 is considered a Hazmat Engine still?

Also! CFD currently has 14 Spare Engines.. So does anyone which Engines are at Training and if the 04's are being retired this year? We are still waiting on 5-7 Engines to be delivered by Smeal

Last edited:

ahp309

Green ID card on the Tenders.

Crew from Station 32 at the Show and Shine on Saturday said July at the earliest for Station 42 to open.

ahp309

If i'm not mistaken, CFD will deploy:

-First Alarm: 2 Engines, 1 Aerial, 1 Rescue

-Working fire: 1 Engine (Safety Engine), 2 District Chiefs, 1 Hazmat, 1 FRP Medic, Air/Light or the High Rise unit (depending on where it is in the city/availability) 1 Investigator

Exactly what was at the working fire on 20 ave SW this morning. (5,8,49, L8 R8, HR5, HM17, FRP7, WC, & CC)