CFD Apparatus status

JABoomer

What do the Air Monitoring Vehicle and the two Pod Trucks look like? What kind of pods does the CFD deploy?

ENGINE_4

The Pod Trucks are similar to other departments. They carry extra supply's and equipment for large scale emergencies. 4 Pods - 2 Hazmat, 1 Collapse and 1 for flooding, They are probably set up a little differently from other departments.. but its the same concept.

JABoomer

Air Monitoring
Thanks! Can this truck just sit in place and monitor the air, or does it carry mobile air monitoring equipment in the rear compartments? When is air minoring required?

The Pod Trucks are similar to other departments. They carry extra supply's and equipment for large scale emergencies. 4 Pods - 2 Hazmat, 1 Collapse and 1 for flooding, They are probably set up a little differently from other departments.. but its the same concept.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
FRPs respond to any incident that can oppose a threat to FD or EMS. I.E Water Rescue incidents and fires. FRPs don't goto hazmats unless its super major. Usually the Devon unit handles any contaminated civilians/crews SO FRP isn't as useful.

technocardy

FRPs respond to any incident that can oppose a threat to FD or EMS. I.E Water Rescue incidents and fires. FRPs don't goto hazmats unless its super major. Usually the Devon unit handles any contaminated civilians/crews SO FRP isn't as useful.

Correct, FRP is deployed to any event where there's significant risk to FD personnel. For example FRP 7 was dispatched a few years ago when they "active shooter" was reported at YYC.

ENGINE_4

Anyone know whats happening at Station 11? For a few weeks he Aerial bay door has been sheeted with plywood. Is it for Heavy Rescue training or did someone drive the platform through the door? Also has the Aerial been relocated to 16?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
MRUs are indeed SUVs with medical gear and dedicated firefighters (i.e. not shared with another unit).

Haztechs are not sent on regular calls - they're specialized crew that assist the hazmat responders on larger hazmat incidents.

As for "BRAND new rescues", there are six of them either coming or already here. Standard practice of replacing old apparatus with new.

The CFD page on Wikia appears to be kept fairly up-to-date.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
MRUs are indeed SUVs with medical gear and dedicated firefighters (i.e. not shared with another unit).

Haztechs are not sent on regular calls - they're specialized crew that assist the hazmat responders on larger hazmat incidents.

As for "BRAND new rescues", there are six of them either coming or already here. Standard practice of replacing old apparatus with new.

The CFD page on Wikia appears to be kept fairly up-to-date.

currently 2 or 3 of the New rescues are in service.

ENGINE_4

I found this: Stockhouse privacy policy (version 1)

I'm wondering if these "five new pumpers" could be more of the current Spartan/Smeal Engines that we see on the streets or if these could be more pumper/tanker like. Keep in mind the remainder of the 39 Engines are being delivered this month - if they are not already in the city.

Nevermind......... CFD only has 27 of the new Engines in service, this is likely a "39 Engines over 5 years" kind of deal.....So we are waiting for 7 to be delivered now and 5 more (these ones) to be delivered next year.......

Last edited:

JABoomer

Do CFD engines carry any medical or rescue equipment? If so, do engines stationed with a rescue truck carry less of these items?

ENGINE_4

All CFD units expect chiefs carry medical equipment. CFD Engines and Quint - Aerials for that matter carry auto extraction equipment (less then the rescues though)

All Engines are set up the same regardless if they are stationed with a Rescue or not

As one firefighter once described to me "we can handle most motor vehicle collision calls with the tools on the Engine" Engines carry a Holmatro multi tool with hydraulic pump, some cribbing, hand tools, sawzall, obsorb-all, etc.. If I can find the pictures i have taken of their set up i'll show you.

Bushbuggies are set up similarly..

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Chiefs have medical supplies but they don't goto medical calls it's more so incase a fire fighter gets injured at let's say a fire and FRP already working on another fire fighter.

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
All I saw was a red bag about the same size as a BLS that a district chief pulled out of his van. So I assume NLS

ENGINE_4

A 2018 Rescue is in 10 Station (R0218) It does not have station 10 placards on it (No placards on it)
The Rescue does not appear to be staffed this evening and the support rig is not in the station either. If its not staffed tonight, it could be within the coming days