CFD Apparatus status

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Aerial 18 has moved up to 34 Station. Station 25 is under renovation - I do not know where the Aerial and Tender went. Aerial 23 is back at 23 station

ahp309

Off a scanner rundown for the recent 3 Alarm condo fire on 14 st.
Engines 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 16, 46, 48
Ladders 1, 6, 8, 17
Rescue 8
High Rise 2
Haz Mat 17
FRP 20
Air Light 4
Investigator 1

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Engine 49 was on scene, they made it in on the first alarm before Rescue 8. I don't remember if Engine 8 was on scene as well. As well all 5 DC's were on scene at one point with the battalion chief, 1 Deputy chief, PIO and the command post. Off duty firefighters were called in to the scene as well

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
Engine 1 is now a 2019 rig, Engine 48 has Engine 1's old 2016 Canada 150 rig

Engine 2 is a 2019 rig, and Engine 49's the 2016 rig (This was really recent, like last week type recent.)

Does anyone know when the new Aerial 30 is going to be in service?

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
The new Pierce Aerial was originally leased as a "Training Aerial" for firefighters to use at the training grounds. It was likely in Station 30 so firefighters in the south could get used to the rig, etc..
It has probably been around the city at other stations as well for the same purpose. I'm not saying it wont go into service as an Aerial or be thrown into the spare pool and used - all I am saying is it was originally for training and likely still will be.

The fact that CFD went with A 107' Pierce Ascendant Aerial tells me they might be thinking of changing up the fleet on the next order of Aerials :)

JRPhotography

Photographer
Confirmed Engine 1 is unit E3219 and Engine 2 is E4519 while out and about today.

I recently stopped by the maintenance facility and got some pictures of the retired units lined up along the fence. CFD logos have been removed.
E3404
E3204
E3004
E28
E2604
E1704
E1206

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Wiki has them listed as 1,500 Imperial gallons. I think we talked about this a few pages before in this thread - CFD 2016-2019 Engines actually came with a 1,750 US Gallon 2-stage pump. not the 2,000 US gallon single stage pump that was in a in the media reports

Also, I have found a picture of the 2019 Pierce Aerial from Commercial Emergency Equip's website - 107’ HD Ladder on Enforcer Chassis | Commercial Emergency Equipment

I could see CFD going with Pierce for Aerial deliveries in the future - Shop located in Calgary, single axle 107' QUINT with what looks like a shorter wheel base - CFD is really into downsizing trucks as we have seen with the Engines. It looks like the Pierces would lose compartment space over the Smeal's - Maybe a PUC pump on a Pierce Aerial could fix the potential loss of compartment space though

Ghostpolice24

YYC Filmer
That new Aerial actually looks really cool tbh! I hope for CFD's next Aerial batch they stick with Pierce, kinda like what they did in 2008, except without the Spartan Sirius [Vancouver copy is what I call it]

suroot

sudo rm -rf
That new Aerial actually looks really cool tbh! I hope for CFD's next Aerial batch they stick with Pierce, kinda like what they did in 2008, except without the Spartan Sirius [Vancouver copy is what I call it]

Poor crew at 30 had a complete rig failure with A30 last night, about time we get some new ones sorted out.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
With the new 2019 Pierce Quint being in active service at Station 30 - has anyone heard any rumors or have seen an extra Aerial in service around the city?

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
CFD Engine 60 is likely based at 5 Station and is quite possibly going to become Engine 43 once the new temp fire hall opens in Legacy in 2 months

technocardy

I've been trying to figure out who Engine 60 & Engine 61 are. Both seem to be circulating in service. They seem to be "greater alarm" type engines. Call in crews? Not sure but I'm super curious and determined to figure it out!

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Do you know where Engine 61 is located? 60 is at 5 Station and I have seen it staffed on and off. Good idea for CFD to bringing back "greater alarm"/ stand-by type Engines. CFD had a few in the early 2000's in different stations.

I think it's a lot better to have extra firefighters respond to a station and pick up a fully stocked extra Engine then respond into a scene with their own personal vehicles and get them dirty.

Bonus is all the extra gear on the Engine.. also in a pinch, crews could swap out Engines if they really need to at a nearby hall instead of driving alllllll they way to the shops if they had issues with their Engine.

Great idea though. 14-16 Spare Engines in the city right now :)

VE6DRF

Do you know where Engine 61 is located? 60 is at 5 Station and I have seen it staffed on and off. Good idea for CFD to bringing back "greater alarm"/ stand-by type Engines. CFD had a few in the early 2000's in different stations.

I think it's a lot better to have extra firefighters respond to a station and pick up a fully stocked extra Engine then respond into a scene with their own personal vehicles and get them dirty.

Bonus is all the extra gear on the Engine.. also in a pinch, crews could swap out Engines if they really need to at a nearby hall instead of driving alllllll they way to the shops if they had issues with their Engine.

Great idea though. 14-16 Spare Engines in the city right now :)
Engine 61 (E3116) is currently at 9 Station. Engines 60 and 61 will be 24 hour engines at this time and operating as the dual engine at each of their respective halls.

ENGINE_4

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the chat VE6DRF and thanks for the info! I take it the third firefighter came off the Aerials to staff these two Engines.
Do you happen to know if these two Engines were added because of all the extra training that crews have to do nowadays? Is this strictly a COVID thing?